1. She’s a physicist.
Which means forging authentic looking Starfleet transfer documents to check up on her dad’s sketchy behavior is child’s play. Proactive child’s play.
2. She doesn’t take shit from Kirk.
Straight out the gate she’s all “Hey remember how your slept with my friend and then forgot about her so she ran off to become a nurse? Oh you don’t? How so like you.”
3. She doesn’t take sass from Spock.
Another science officer on the Enterprise equipped with all the parts Kirk prefers? Spock is having a Vulcan conniption. Carol Marcus gives zero fucks.
4. And she certainly doesn’t stand for sexual harassment.*
*While this is definitely a gratuitous underwear scene, so was the one where Kirk was naked in bed with catgirl twins. The only difference is the Internet (sadly) isn’t inundated with shirtless Chris Pine GIFS.
5. She saves the day by disarming a bomb.
When Bones screwed up, they both would’ve been blown to pink mist in 10 seconds if not for Marcus’s fast acting.
6. She doesn’t try to explain away her power hungry lunatic of a father.
But she tries to talk him down anyway in order to save the crew. When that doesn’t work, she resorts to slapping the shit out of him.
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and ended within 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨