In the comic book world, much like in the real one, having “Doctor” in front of your name garners respect. But is it earned? Somewhere out there, a super-villain diploma mill is making a killing.
Let’s look at the worst offenders.
1. “Doctor” Doom - Nemesis: Fantastic Four
Victor von Doom was expelled from University after causing a massive explosion. He doesn’t even have his Bachelor degree. While Doom may claim to have received his Ph.D. from the Latverian university, it is null and void since you can’t just give yourself doctorates.
2. “Doctor” Spectro - Nemesis: Justice League
Spectro was a fake supervillain created to cover up the exploits of the Captain Atom project. Of course, things went off script when Tom Emery decided to REALLY be a bad guy. Fake or real, Emery doesn’t have a doctorate.
7. “Doctor” Psycho - Nemesis: Wonder Woman
If being a murderous psychopath with an intense hatred of women was enough to qualify for a Ph.D., there’d be a lot more doctors in the world. Edgar Cizko didn’t even graduate college what with being falsely imprisoned for theft.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.