17. When you realize that, in a libertarian utopia, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 wouldn’t exist.
16. When you wonder what living in a libertarian world as a woman would be like.
Without the Pregnancy Discrimination Act or Equal Pay Act of 1963, American women would enjoy less pay for the same work, assuming they were allowed to work at all.
15. When you think about what being a kid would be like if the libertarians got their way.
Without FDR and the Fair Labor Standards Act, which libertarians despise (they despise the entire New Deal, which lifted the U.S. out of the Great Depression, actually), child labor would be common practice. Libertarians love the sight of tiny, crushed hands and tiny, crushed hearts.
14. When you consider that in a libertarian utopia there would be no laws to prevent your employer from firing you at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Not much to say about this one. It would just suck, is all.
11. When it hits you that libertarianism as a political philosophy exists for rich white people who want to feel less guilty about how rich and white they are while simultaneously doing nothing to improve the lives of the less fortunate.
“I just worked harder than you. The fact that my family is wealthy has nothing to do with my success.”
7. When you finally realize that free markets are not impartial forces of nature.
The best don’t always rise to the top, regardless of whether or not governments intervene in free markets.
6. When you remember that you’re responsible for the Tea Party.
Yup, you guys suck.
1. When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and probably see something like this:
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.