23. When someone tells you your “crazy views will never win an election.”
22. “Is this, like, your bible?”
Then they call you a libtard.
19. When other conservatives tell you that you will “grow out of your libertarian phase.”
17. When one of your friends on Facebook posts a Heritage Foundation piece on national security.
15. When Republicans call Rand Paul an “extremist.”
You just want to force them to read Rothbard.
14. When Republicans want to use government to spread democracy, ban gay marriage, ban drugs… but still claim they’re for “small government.”
… and this is how they see you the rest of the conversation.
11. Being called a hippie because you don’t like going to war with other countries.
Then being called unpatriotic because you don’t think the government should be allowed to spy on citizens.
10. When Republicans tell you that deficits are bad, but absolutely lose their shit when you talk about defense spending cuts.
9. When Republicans tell you that they “need your support!” but then tell you to “shut up” when you try to get involved in party meetings.
8. When libertarian-leaning members of Congress try to influence legislation.
7. When people say, “But what about the roads?!?!!” as though there has never been a private company that could build roads.
6. “Oh, you just believe every word that Ron Paul/Ayn Rand says.”
“And 9/11 was an inside job, right?”
5. When Chris Christie starts criticizing Libertarians…
…and you’re all like:
3. “No, I’m not an anarchist… OK, maybe I am.”
2. When you feel like a conservative around Libertarians and a Libertarian around conservatives.
1. When you are called an objectivist movement cultist.
Because SCREW THAT, Ayn Rand was the BEST!
H/t to all the libertarians in D.C. who passed along their complaints for this list.
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›