1. The obsessive thinking.
Studies show that people in love and people suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder both have low levels of serotonin, which is what accounts for the “intrusive thoughts” that imprison you in an impenetrable cycle of thinking about your partner.
2. The separation anxiety.
The love-sick also exhibit surges in dopamine, making you hyper-anxious and forcing you to check your phone every five seconds when expecting a text from your beloved, to the annoyance of both yourself and your friends.
6. The horrible addiction.
As the chemical mix grows stronger, our infatuation deepens and turns into outright addiction. In fact, fMRI scans have indicated that the brain of someone in love looks very similar to the brain of a coke addict.
7. The soul-destroying withdrawal.
And since romantic love is an addiction, the stages of being dumped are similar to getting off crack: tolerance (“I’m fine as long as I can see you once in a while”), withdrawal (“Waaah! I can’t live with you!”), and relapse (“Let’s just have sex once more for old time’s sake”).
13. The bad surprises.
Even while in the infatuation stage, it’s possible to have a first kiss with a hottie and feel like you’re drinking chloride. That’s because when you make out, your body collects genetic information from each other’s saliva to see if you’re a good genetic match, and if you’re not it lets you know pretty forcefully.
14. The rage.
MRI scans indicate that love and rage are intimately connected in the human brain, which is why you can smack your beloved with a pan one minute and nuzzle them the next. .
15. The mind manipulation.
Studies on the caudate nucleus has led some psychologists to declare that love isn’t an emotion but rather a way in which our brain manipulates us into having sex and repopulating the earth. It’s all a mass conspiracy. BY OUR OWN MINDS.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘