1. A pimple decides to appear out of nowhere.
2. The guy you've been texting sees you and avoids eye contact.
3. The local news station wants to interview you on camera.
4. A Ryan Gosling look-alike is sitting next to you on the subway.
5. You stop by Sephora and the makeup artists keep asking if they can help you.
6. You bump into your ex-boyfriend and his hot new girlfriend.
7. Your best friend wants to take selfies with you.
8. You catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and wonder where all that oil came from.
9. "Is something wrong?" —Everyone
10. You try putting on mascara in the car and end up with raccoon eyes.
11. You see someone you went to high school with.
12. Those extra 20 minutes of sleep were glorious.
13. Your contacts aren't at war with your (nonexistent) eyeliner.
14. You can freely rub your eyes without worrying about smudging.
15. There are no lipstick stains on your coffee cup.
16. And there are no foundation stains on your clothes or fingers.
17. Without all that goop, your skin is practically glowing.
18. You realize you don't really need makeup.
19. So you shrug your shoulders and continue being your fabulous, au naturale self.
Look out, world.
Post thumbnail: Dave Allocca / Startraksphoto.com