1. The good old, "I'm not prejudiced, I even have a gay friend."
2. "I don't have a problem with lesbians, I love watching lesbian porn!"
3. "I thought he was a man like me."
4. "I don't care if you're gay, just don't try to flirt with me."
5. Every now and then, a "does this outfit look gay?" slips out.
6. And then there's the classic: "Hey, nice shirt. Does it come in men's sizes?"
7. "That's so gay."
8. And gay women have to put up with: "It's one thing for her to be a lesbian, but does she have to be so butch?"
9. "Didn't she used to date a guy?" or "I thought he always went after ladies?"
10. "You don't even seem gay, I had no idea you were."
11. And when a guy gets dumped and drops the pearl: "She left me and became a lesbo? Where did I go wrong?"
12. "I get it. You're gay. That's fine. But do you need to be so effeminate?"
13. "Is she a lesbian, or did she just give up on men?
14. "Real men don't go around looking like that. He must be gay."
15. "Fine by me if my girl is bi, especially if she invites me to join in on a little threesome action."
16. And how do you respond to: "If she's going to be with such butch women, why not just keep dating men?"
17. And when a guy sees a trans woman and says, "I'd be terrified to find out what they're packing."
18. Using words like "cock sucker" or "fag" or "fairy" as insults.
19. In fact, just using the word "gay" pejoratively at all.
20. "I get that you want to experiment. But it's a phase, and it will pass."
This post was translated from Portuguese.