1. You can’t hum while holding your nose.
2. The surface area of Russia is slightly larger than that of the surface area of Pluto.
3. Anne Frank and Martin Luther King Jr. were born in the same year.
4. Seniors graduating in the class of 2015 have never been alive while The Simpsons was not on TV.
8. New York City is further south than Rome, Italy.
9. Mammoths went extinct 1,000 years after the Egyptians finished building the Great Pyramid.
10. There were still people making their way across the United States via the Oregon Trail the year the fax machine was invented.
11. 1998 is as far away as 2030.
16. An octopus has three hearts.
17. There’s enough water in Lake Superior to cover all of North and South America in 1 foot of water.
18. There is a basketball court on the top floor of the U.S. Supreme Court Building known as the “highest court in the land.”
19. If a piece of paper were folded 42 times, it would reach to the moon.
20. “umop apisdn” is “upside down” spelled upside down with different letters of the alphabet.
25. If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds just like Pac-Man.
26. Every year, hundreds of new trees grow because of squirrels forgetting where they buried their nuts.
27. It rains diamonds on Saturn and Jupiter.
28. There are more atoms in a glass of water than there are glasses of water in all the oceans on Earth.
29. Every two minutes, we take more pictures than all of humanity did in the 19th century.
30. Maine is the closest U.S. state to Africa.
31. There’s only one hole in a straw.
35. The toy Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
36. A strawberry isn’t a berry but a banana is.
37. So are avocados and watermelon.
38. The probability of you drinking a glass of water that contains a molecule of water that also passed through a dinosaur is almost 100%.
39. In Welsh folklore, corgis were the preferred method of transportation for fairies.
40. Cleopatra lived closer to the invention of the iPhone than she did to the building of the Great Pyramid.
41. When you remember something, you’re only thinking of the memory of that event, not the time it happened.
42. North Korea and Finland are separated by one country.
47. If you say “Jesus” backwards it sounds like “sausage.”
48. Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor, who respectively voiced Mickey and Minnie Mouse, were married in real life.
49. The order of the alphabet is completely random.
50. There are more ways to shuffle a deck of cards than there are atoms on Earth.
51. Pluto never made a full orbit around the sun from the time it was discovered to when it was declassified as a planet.
52. You can’t breathe and swallow at the same time.
53. Chocolate milk was invented in Ireland.
54. The oldest person on Earth was born closer to the signing of the United States Constitution than to now.
55. German is the second-most spoken language in North Dakota.
56. A TI-83 calculator has six times more processing power than the computer that landed Apollo 11 on the moon.
57. There is less time between the existence of the Tyrannosaurus rex and the existence of humans than there was between the Tyrannosaurus rex and the Stegosaurus.
58. And if you feel like you’ve wasted your time reading this, just remember: your entire life led up to this fact.
This post has been updated to meet our attribution standards.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.
- "I do like him. I love getting his ideas." Donald Trump says he's asked President Obama for advice on cabinet appointments.
- Passenger plane carrying at least 47 people crashes in Pakistan, was en route to Islamabad. Rescue efforts underway.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏