1. Remember a few months ago when a bunch of people all tried to play Pokemon at the same time?
3. Well, forget about it, ya knucklehead. The future is here, and the future is a betta fish trying to make its way through a game of Pokemon Red.
5. The fish, Grayson, “plays” the game by moving around in its bowl, and its movement corresponds to the video game character’s movement.
As I’m sure you can guess, things are moving a bit slowly.
6. Shockingly enough, the fish has made some progress.
Grayson has been playing for around 135 hours. Last time I checked, Grayson had acquired his first Pokemon, a charmander named AAAABBK and defeated his first opponent, the rival’s squirtle!
7. As of right now, there are almost 15,000 people watching a fish swim around a bowl and try to play Pokemon. The messages in the stream’s livechat speak for themselves.
14. The fish might be dead.
Well, it was a good run.
- The House voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Bill O'Reilly apologized after making what some are calling an "openly racist" remark about Rep. Maxine Waters' hair.