8. An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first orders a beer, the second orders half a beer, the third orders a quarter of a beer, and so on.
After the seventh order, the bartender pours two beers and says, “You fellas ought to know your limits.”
10. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and, with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath.
This made him a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
16. An MIT linguistics professor was lecturing his class the other day. “In English,” he said, “a double negative forms a positive. However, in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative remains a negative.
But there isn’t a single language, not one, in which a double positive can express a negative.”
A voice from the back of the room piped up, “Yeah, right.”
Read more here!
- The UK heads to the polls today, with a race for London mayor, a fight for the Scottish parliament, and council elections across England.
- Australian immigration emailed a British man who died on his honeymoon to say he'd overstayed his visa, his husband said.
- Alberta, Canada, has declared a provincial state of emergency over a massive fire near Fort McMurray. The area is under mandatory evacuation.