21. Punt: the bottom of a wine bottle.
22. Keeper: the loop on a belt that keeps the end in place after it has passed through the buckle.
23. Minimus: your little toe or finger.
24. Zarf: the cardboard sleeve on a coffee cup.
25. Rectal Tenesmus: the feeling of incomplete defecation.
26. Agraffe: the wired cage that holds the cork in a bottle of champagne.
27. Columella nasi: the space between your nostrils.
28. Lemniscate: the infinity symbol.
29. Desire path: a path created by natural means, simply because it is the “shortest or most easily navigated” way.
39. Snood: the fleshy thing around the neck of a turkey.
40. Vocable: the na na nas and la la las in song lyrics that don’t have any meaning.
41. Tittle: the dot over an “i” or a “j.”
42. Morton’s toe: when your second toe is bigger than your big toe.
43. Crepuscular rays: rays of sunlight coming from a certain point in the sky. AKA what your aunt might have called “God’s rays.”
48. Brannock device: the thing they use to measure your feet at the shoe store.
49. Interrobang: what it’s called when you combine a question mark with an exclamation point like this: ?!
50. Mamihlapinatapai: the look shared by two people who both hope the other will offer to do something that they both want but aren’t willing to do.
51. Phloem bundles: those long stringy things you see when peeling a banana.
55. Mondegreen: misheard song lyrics.
56. Scurryfunge: the time you run around cleaning frantically right before company comes over.
57. Aphthongs: silent letters.
58. Tmesis: when you separate a word into two for effect. Example: “I AM GOING TO ASBO-FREAKIN’-LUTELY BE THE BEST SCRABBLE PLAYER ON THE PLANET NOW!”
- UK chancellor George Osborne says Brexit will impact the economy but Britain faces the challenge from "a position of strength."
- The Supreme Court has struck down restrictions on abortion providers in Texas, holding that such restrictions are unconstitutional.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸