11. …And Left a Trail of 13x More Bits of Information Than There Are Grains of Sand on the Earth.
That’s quite the digital paper trail. This year, we collected 1 zetabyte of data (37% of all the digital data that’s ever been collected). That’s 10^21 bytes, or 9.44 × 10^21 0s and 1s, which is 13x more than the number of grains of sand on the earth.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- And Millie Bobby Brown — Eleven from "Stranger Things" — looks badass on her first magazine cover ✨