11. …And Left a Trail of 13x More Bits of Information Than There Are Grains of Sand on the Earth.
That’s quite the digital paper trail. This year, we collected 1 zetabyte of data (37% of all the digital data that’s ever been collected). That’s 10^21 bytes, or 9.44 × 10^21 0s and 1s, which is 13x more than the number of grains of sand on the earth.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎