32 Home Essentials To Help You Work Smarter Not Harder
Just a bunch of products that help you cut corners without sacrificing results.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A nontoxic carpet-stain remover for lifting those scary stains that make you question if it's time to call the professionals in just one easy step. With this around, you can get the job done yourself without any additional rinsing or vacuuming required.
2. A mess-free tofu press with built-in drainage if you're tired of spending more time tending to your tofu than you do your cat. This all-in-one system works in the fridge without you needing to come back and incrementally increase the pressure, so you get tofu that cooks perfectly every time.
Promising review: "I've been a vegan for 13 years and I can't believe I went this long without a tofu press. So much more enjoyable cooking with tofu after pressing it. This press is different than all the rest as it has a tray that catches all the water. You can put the whole thing in the fridge and it's hassle-free. Take it out the next day and drain the liquid and you're good to go. The other presses require a plate underneath and some require tightening and adjustments as it presses. I'll admit after reading some of the reviews here of users with broken Tofuture presses I was hesitant to order but I've just been careful with mine and haven't had any problems so far." —Conner
Get it from Amazon for $27.95.
3. A set of bedsheet fasteners that work like suspenders to keep your fitted sheet in place so you don't have to break a sweat tucking in that one stubborn corner no matter how much tossing and turning you get up to during the night.
Promising review: "You don’t know it yet, but you NEED this... This is one of those small products that you don’t realize you need but then makes you so happy when you finally get it that you wonder why/how you went so long without it. We have a thick, pillow-top mattress, and our mattress protector and fitted sheets CONSTANTLY slip off, bunching underneath us and just resulting in a lot of annoyance. Not anymore! Could not be happier! Bed always looks and feels freshly made now! WIN!" —mrslito
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $9.59 (also available in white).
4. A handy bag holder featured on Shark Tank to get all your groceries from the car to the house in ONE run. It easily holds up to 80 pounds and can be carried by hand or tossed over your shoulder (it's padded) for hands-free ease.
Click & Carry is a Los Angeles-based, woman-owned small biz founded by Kim Meckwood, who wanted a way to solve her own struggles lugging shopping bags. Since then, the Click & Carry has been utilized for a range of uses, from carrying paint cans to sports equipment.
Promising review: "I heard about this product from a friend and had been meaning to check it out. My only regret about this purchase is not getting it earlier! I used to dread going to the grocery store due to the hassle of struggling with all my bags and the multiple trips to and from the car. Now those days are a thing of the past because of this ESSENTIAL product. After realizing my newfound love of this product, I did some research and found all sorts of other uses for it such as using it to secure my purse to my shopping cart and hooking my dog leashes together to walk both dogs at the same time. I love this product and love gifting it to others as well!" —Lisa Gilroy
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (available in five colors).
5. A gel toilet cleaning stamp so you can keep your porcelain throne looking and smelling clean between scrub sessions with approximately zero effort. Cleansing gel releases with every flush, leaving behind a fresh scent and preventing stain buildups.
Each stamp lasts for around 12 days!
Promising review: "I love these 'stamps'. They keep your toilet clean and make the entire bathroom smell fantastic, clean, and deodorized at all times. They are very easy to use, don't over-complicate the instructions. I did, thinking there had to be more to it than that. You just stick it on the inside of the toilet and it will stay in place and clean the toilet each time it is flushed. I love these!" —J. D. Robinson
Get six stamps from Amazon for $3.53.
6. A pack of cleaning K-Cups because the inside of your Keurig is likely coated with grinds and residue from old brews. With these, you can give your machine regular deep cleans in the same amount of time it takes to make a cup o' joe without having to scrub or disassemble a thing. Side effects may include better-tasting coffee.
7. A pack of Miracle-Gro plant food spikes for helping all your plant babies live their healthiest, happiest indoor lives without you needing to tend to them constantly. One fertilizer spike continuously feeds plants with nutrients they need to thrive for up to two months!
Promising review: "My mother has always used the Miracle-Gro plant food spikes, so I grew up familiar with them. Of all the products out there, these are the easiest to use and have never burned my plants. It works like a charm for plants that are droopy and out of sorts!" —BlueFug8
Get a 24-pack from Amazon for $2.79.
8. A set of reusable wad-free pads if you're tired of laundry day being derailed by tangled bedsheets. These help maintain a balanced washer drum, reduce dry times, and prevent wet clothes from getting trapped in the sheets.
Wad-Free is a small biz that was launched during the pandemic by Cyndi Bray, who learned CAD (computer-aided design) to create the pads.
Promising review: "Wow!!! You wonder if things like this really work and well, I can absolutely confirm it does! First, I was impressed that the package came with two of the devices because I was only expecting one. So there was one for the fitted sheet, and the flat sheet. Finally, I tried it out and my sheets not only did NOT wad up, they came out of the dryer feeling fresher, feeling more dry, and unwrinkled! I will be buying a set of these for each of my immediate family members and close friends! What a great gift!!!" —katy
Get it from Amazon for $18.99.
9. A double-sided hairbrush cleaning brush that'll do a better cleanup job than your fingers ever could, with a pointed end for picking out tangles and stiff bristles to remove all that built-up hair, dust, and fluff.
Promising review: "This is the tool I never knew I needed. It may seem like a silly thing to spend money on when you can clean your brush out by hand but this gets so much more out of the brush! It's easy and rather enjoyable. Who wants to brush their nice clean hair with a brush full of dirty oily hair and dust. When you really think about it makes you want to throw out all your old brushes. I will be buying these as gifts for all my girlfriends." —emmaline
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
10. A set of reusable nonstick oven liners to catch spills from all those drippy pies, pizzas, and casseroles before they become a tough-to-clean headache for future-you to handle. To clean, just rinse by hand or wash on the top rack of the dishwasher.
100% BPA and PFOA-free, these liners are sized for a standard oven but are easy to cut to size for non-standard oven models.
Promising review: "These liners were recommended by a friend and I was happy to find them on Amazon. The material is heavy-duty and thick. They are easy to wipe and dishwasher-safe as well. The design is great to catch any overspills or pieces of food that may drop on the oven bottom. They lay nicely on the bottom of my standard size oven. These are something definitely needed to make cooking and baking easier. The price for a three-pack is well worth what is received. Nice, clear instructions were enclosed. Great company. Definitely recommend!" —meshelle
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $11.99.
11. A pack of Wi-Fi connected outlets so you can make virtually any electronic device in your home "smart." Control lights, your humidifier, and even the curling iron you forgot to unplug all via your phone or voice control.
No specific hub is needed to use these outlets (just a smartphone), but they are compatible with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant! To set up, simply plug the mini outlet into an electrical outlet, connect a device to the plug via the app, and wirelessly control the device using a tablet or phone — they just need a Wi-Fi connection!
Promising review: "These little mini sockets are awesome!!! I tried two other brands of smart sockets but these are by far the best I’ve tried. All I did is download the app, open it, plug the socket in, waited a few seconds for the little blue light to flash...then the app asks me to accept and then I can change the name of the socket, then click, bam, boom! Done! They can be up and running in literally seconds. They are amazing. So far they work flawlessly." —Harper Lee III
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $24.99.
12. Dishwasher cleaning tablets because no one wants to stick their head inside their gross dishwasher and spend a bunch of back-breaking time scrubbing its insides. Thank goodness these tablets make giving your machine a deep internal clean as quick and easy as...well...running the dishwasher.
Promising review: "This stuff is amazing! I used it in my dishwasher. Had standing water on the bottom, dropped one tablet in the water. Put it on light wash cycle and at the end of the cycle, the water was gone! It thoroughly cleans and I have not had any other problems. I now use it regularly. I recommend this highly to keep your dishwasher clean and eliminate clogs from buildup. It was recommended to me by my super and after my positive experience I am happy to cosign his recommendation." —cheapchicshopper
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $5.98.
13. A bleach-free Wet & Forget shower cleaner for not only cleaning but preventing buildup so you don't have to spend hours scrubbing at stubborn soap scum. Once a week simply give your shower a spray, let it sit overnight, rinse off the next day, then — BOOM — you're done and didn't even break a sweat.
Promising review: "Like other Wet & Forget products, this stuff is amazing. Spray down my shower and tub real quick every week and walk away. Keeps my shower clean. Also keeps the drain clear. Wish there was a product that could keep the rest of my house clean like this." —David Buser
Get it from Amazon for $17.13.
14. A gentle hair-removing glove if you love multitasking almost as much as you loving giving your furry best friend all the snuggles they deserve. This mitt will help curb shedding while giving your good boy or girl a massaging pet sesh they'll actually love.
My colleague AnaMaria Glavan swears by this thing. In her own words:
"The glove is super comfortable and using it couldn’t be more foolproof: just put it on and run your hands through your pet’s fur. That’s it! The silicone grooves pick up so much fur with ease. Like, my dog looks close to hairless. HOW is he shedding so much?!?! After a few runs, I found that I would have to remove fur from the glove before continuing (you can pick up the fur with your other hand or run the glove under some water — either works) but it’s no biggie. The silicone actually makes it really easy to keep this clean. We got Rockie when he was 5 and he’d been riddled with skin issues and allergies, so I was pretty nervous to use anything that could potentially aggravate his conditions. However! Not only does this *not* bother his skin, but he…loves this. A lot. He starts snoring after exactly two run-throughs on his back. Also, his coat looks SO shiny after each use! TL;DR: This is one of those inexpensive add-ons that any pet owner should have on hand."
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
15. A powerful mold and mildew stain cleaner that'll lift the most daunting grout and caulking stains without the back-breaking scrubbing. Just apply the concentrated gel formula, wait six to eight hours, and wipe it off to reveal the pearly white grout you never thought you'd see again.
Promising review: "I only write reviews when I’m thoroughly satisfied with a product or really irritated. With this product, I’m very happy! I applied it this morning and by noon you could see the difference. The caulking around the tub is so white just like I just resealed it. I’ve tried other bleaching products like Kaboom and Clorox with less than similar outcomes. The biggest difference was the mold spots behind our shower products. Those have been an eyesore for so long and now they’re gone. My only regret is I didn’t do a 'before' and 'after' photo." —CButin
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $24.99.
16. A easily-washable faucet drip catcher to cut out the after-dinner ritual of sopping up the small lagoon that forms behind your sink every time you do dishes.
Two Lilacs Studio is a Saint Helens, Oregon-based Etsy shop lots of fun and functional handmade goods like face masks, bags, and stasher scrunchies!
Promising review: "LOVE these splash catchers! They save me from having to chase the puddles that form around the base of our faucet before they start creeping over the counter. So reasonably priced, made well with neatly finished edges, and packaged with gift-ready care." —Alina
17. A genius soap dispenser and sponge caddy so you don't even have to put down the dish in your left hand to reapply soap with your right hand, meaning you can get those dishes done sooner!
Promising review: "This product is amazing. You need this in your kitchen. It delivers the perfect amount of soap every time and gets your dishes squeaky clean. But wait, there’s more! When your sponge is done with a hard day of washing dishes, you can feel comfortable laying it down in a bed that prevents soap scum around your sink. In the words of Nat, 'Buy this product champions.'" —Christian
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
18. A pop-up silicone drain protector because protecting your drain from hair means protecting yourself from having to pull a wet wooly mammoth out of your pipes in the future.
Promising review: "If you are a woman, girl, or have either one in your life, you need to purchase this! It has been a dilemma for me for many years to find a way to keep hair from going into the tub drain. I've even tried an upside-down plastic container. Well, problem solved. Where have you been all my life? Gosh, I looked in stores and have never seen this product before. I searched Google years ago and didn't find anything either. Sure it doesn't trap 100% of the hair, because the silicone is soft and there is a very fine gap that one or two strain of the hair falls through, but heck, I'll take that." —Lucy
Get it from Amazon for $9.98.
19. A compact knife sharpener for keeping your blades in tiptop shape. If your knives are actually sharpened regularly, slicing sweet potatoes will go a lot quicker *and* won't feel like a full-on arm workout.
This teeny-tiny knife sharpener features two slots with carbide blades on one side to provide quick edge setting capabilities, and ceramic rods on the other for the final edge honing. Plus, there is a nonslip base for added stability and control.
Promising review: "I am a former chef and have many knife sharpeners. I rotate about 10 knives at home and have found this to be a tremendous sharpener to put an edge back on a blade. Use along with a honing steel after sharpening. I have purchased a bunch of these for friends due to their effectiveness and ease of use." —drockchef
Get it from Amazon for $5.99+ (available in four colors).
20. A patented pet hair remover if you're tired of lugging out the vacuum every time your dog sits on anything. This lightweight roller makes it easy to manage shedding between deeper cleans. Plus, it uses bristles, not sticky tape, to catch lint, meaning you can clean and reuse it over and over and over again.
Because it doesn't rely on adhesive paper, you only have to buy it once and can reuse it — cleaning the hair off the brush when it gets clogged, of course!
Promising reviews: "Finally a lint roller that really works. Now I have an obsessed husband picking up German shepherd hair off the couch. Worth the price paid. It will pay for itself. No more sticky tape rollers!" —Blanca LInda Hatter
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
21. A versatile chop, slice, and dice unit that'll drastically *cut* down on veggie prep and cleanup time with interchangeable blades that can each be popped in the dishwasher.
This unit comes with three interchangeable chopping blades, three grater blades, and two slicer blades. It also comes with holding containers to house all the blades, a cleaning fork, and a safety holder.
Promising review: "I got this because I am slow at chopping veggies with a knife and it works great. It takes no time at all to have fully diced onions now. When I have a bunch of stuff to chop at once, I can just chop, let it go into the catch bin below, chop the next thing, etc, and when I'm done, dump everything into my pot for dinner. Cleaning is also super easy. The pieces come apart for individual cleaning and you can throw the whole thing in the dishwasher." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $29.97.
22. An electric power scrubber to make quick, clean work of dirty tiles and grout with an oscillating brush head that scrubs 60 times per SECOND. AKA much faster than your human hands can scrub.
Promising review: "The Power Scrubber is life-changing. After an overflowing toilet incident, I had to get a deep clean in right away. MY GROUT HAS NEVER BEEN CLEANER. I used some Comet and spray cleaner to get the job done, but this made short work for what typically requires 'a lot of elbow grease' and a spent toothbrush. With this tool, you really know you're getting in there and it's clean. I can't recommend this enough — I've already mentioned it to a neighbor and a few friends, including one fanatical cleaner. We all agreed, it's such a necessary, perfect product." —Jojo
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
23. A quick and easy ground screw so you can cut through tough soil and securely anchor dog leashes, tents, and tarps even if you're without a mallet or upper arm strength.
Promising review: "Our home is in the country; there is a multi-acre field behind us. We have an above-ground pool that is covered in the winter. These were put in the ground around the west, north, and south sides of the pool. Tie-downs were connected to the pool cover and run to these ground screws. That cover is the most secure it has been in years thanks to these items. They were easy to put in and went down far enough that I am not constantly checking them. Great!!! I definitely recommend them." —Anne
Get it from The Grommet for $6.95+ (available in two sizes).
24. A set of microfiber cloths because why bother cleaning if the glass is just going to look foggy anyway? These cleaning cloths will make sure your hard work doesn't go to waste with a 100% lint- and streak-free finish.
They're great for windows or any glassware, too!
Promising review: "I couldn't get my windows clean using cleaning solution, newsprint, and a lot of elbow grease. There were always streaks and dirt left behind. Enter these things. One quick cleaning, and I do mean quick, and my windows are now cleaner than any windows I've ever cleaned. It's simply amazing. We were all standing around in utter shock and delight before running around trying the cloths on other stuff: the TV, the picture glass, etc. I know it sounds corny, but I couldn't wait to get up this morning, because I woke up in the middle of the night excitedly thinking about trying it on the car today. They are truly, truly amazing." —Xena the Warrior Mama
Get a pack of eight from Amazon for $16.98.
25. A classic Tushy bidet attachment for a true revo-loo-tionary toilet upgrade that'll quickly get your booty clean without endless wiping and wiping and wiping.
Use our promo code BUZZFEED at checkout for 10% off!
Tushy is a small biz founded in 2015 with the goal of promoting booty bliss and reducing wastefulness. Their line of easy-to-install bidets make is easy to go toilet-paperless and reduce overall water waste. Plus, a portion of Tushy profits go toward building community toilets in impoverished Indian communities.
It comes with everything you need to install your bidet in under 10 minutes!
Promising review: "This was our second Tushy! Our first was installed in our master bath. We just remodeled a guest bathroom and could not call it 'finished' without a Tushy in it. Once you get Tushy clean, nothing else will do!" —Teresa S.
Get it from Tushy for $99 (originally $129; available in 10 colors).
26. A lemon-scented cleaning gel if spending hours wiping out keyboards, air conditioning vents, and car cupholders is not your idea of a good time. Just plop this gooey godsend on whatever needs cleaned and watch as it oh-so-satisfyingly lifts dirt and dust in a snap.
27. A genius hanging tool with built-in wall markers and a level that just might motivate you to finally hang the canvas you bought six months ago. Why fumble with multiple tools when this all-in-one gadget has everything you need?
This all-in-one tool is essentially a tape measure with sliding pins and a built-in leveler, which is perfect for anyone who can't keep track of a bunch of different tools (me).
Promising review: "For some reason I’ve always had trouble hanging pictures on the wall. ESPECIALLY pictures with two hangers. A typical picture hanging session used to look like this... Measure, measure again, mark the wall, measure again, measure yet again, drill holes in wall, hang picture, step back and look at my CROOKED picture. Repeat. I have no clue why or how my pictures ended up crooked after measuring and leveling so many times. It was quite frustrating and left my wall with lots of extra holes. Well, this tool changed ALL that! It makes it so easy to hang pictures...STRAIGHT...the FIRST time! A chore that used to take 30 minutes now only takes five. Would be a perfect gift for new homeowners." —MommyRN
Get it from Amazon for $14.48.
28. These rust-resistant double-sided shower hooks to make changing out the curtain or lining way less of an ordeal. Plus, they're engineered with tiny roller balls that glide over the rod without the usual tugging and pulling.
29. A pack of Downy fabric spray so you can rock wrinkle-free fits even when there's no time (or energy) to break out the iron.
I hate wrinkles *and* am lazy — two at-odds conditions. This stuff has been a staple in my life since approximately ninth grade (thanks to my mama). As a former Catholic school uniform wearer, this stuff was VITAL to freshening up wrinkly dress shirts that spent the after-school hours stuffed in a gym bag. The scent is light and fresh and its wrinkle-releasing powers are nearly instant. It definitely works better on some fabrics than others (great on cotton, less great on some synthetics), but it'll improve the look of most without dealing with an iron or steamer.
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $13.94.
30. A stainless steel grill brush that's safe to use on any grill or smoker and features a unique triple-headed design that can get into your grates' every nook and cranny without littering your cooktop with a bunch of pesky bristles.
BBQ Butler is a small biz innovating top-quality, made-in-the-USA tools to take your BBQ to the next level. They're home to The Original Bear Paws Meat Shredders and have products to streamline every step of the BBQ process from prep to cleanup.
Promising review: "This was a gift for my husband. He was actually excited about it. Said it works great!" —Nanette
Get it from The Grommet for $19.95.
31. A discreet webcam slide cover compatible with almost any device so you can quit fumbling with the ratty piece of tape you've been using to ensure your privacy every time you're running late for a meeting.
This pack of six is universally compatible with laptops, tablets, and phones of all kinds!
Promising review: "Have worked from home for years, but in the early days of 2020 our company decided to do video calls regularly for the first time. With that, I needed a solution that made it easier to continue to block the webcam on my computer most of the time while not being a hassle to remove for these calls. I had been using a folded piece of paper, which was certainly easy and effective — until the wind from open windows would blow it away. So, these little guys perfectly solved the problem — it's tiny and subtle (much better looking than a folded piece of paper ;) and so easy to open/close as needed." —Hope
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $4.11 (available in two styles).
32. A dishwasher-safe microwave splatter cover with vents to prevent saucy explosions from dirtying up your microwave while containing steam for more even heating!
Promising review: "We used to use paper towels to cover our food in the microwave, but with this cover, it's 100 times better! No more splashes on the top of the microwave to clean up. This gadget is great! Would buy again, and again! :)" —cruz
Get it from Amazon for $9.88+ (available in clear and green).