17 Unpopular Opinions That'll Either Make You Really Mad Or Change Your Viewpoint
What's your take?
The world would be a pretty boring place if everyone had the same opinions.
Some opinions are more divisive than others, and there's actually an online home for those that fall into this category: the "unpopular opinions" subreddit. You might not agree with a lot of these, but perhaps a few will strike a chord:
1. "I would never date a guy who is subscribed to an OnlyFans."
2. "After the death of a pet, you should be given vacation from work to grieve your loss, as with any family member that passes away."
"You spend years of your life with your pets. They're closer to you than most family members, and still, some bosses would not allow a vacation. ... I know for sure that when my dog dies, I will be devastated. Going to work will be the last thing I want to do."
3. "Superman is an incredibly boring hero."
"His dozens of powers, indestructibility, and 'perfect' sense of justice all make him boring. Part of what makes Batman interesting is the fact that he is doing good while operating against the law."
4. "I shouldn’t have to tip-toe around other people's traumas. Find a way to deal with your own shit and stop causing problems for others."
"Nobody is responsible for your traumas. If someone says/does something unknowingly triggering, let them know nicely. If you lash out at them rudely, be prepared to get put in your place."
5. "Cyclists are annoying, dangerous, and should not be allowed to share roads with cars."
6. "Making your kids pay rent once they turn 18 is a dick move."
"I get this is controversial, but while I understand that parents need to make sure their kids are not slackers, becoming your kid's landlords once you legally can is sending the message that they aren't that welcome, that your ties to them are far more conditional than family blood would hopefully suggest, and I think in general sends a bad message."
7. "Watered down mayo is better than milk in a hot chocolate drink."
"Call me disgusting, but hear me out — mayo has a ton of fat content and it's all just flavor. The savory taste of mayo goes perfectly with sweet hot chocolate. It also has an added benefit of not triggering any lactose intolerances."
8. "Overly loud vehicles make their drivers look stupid, not cool."
"It seems like it's becoming more and more of a trend these days for people to make their cars loud enough to be heard half a mile away or so. I really don't understand why, especially because most of them end up sounding like popcorn machines or toy cars."
9. "If McDonald's can do breakfast all day, then they should also be willing to give me lunch in the morning."
10. "I instantly dislike any celebrity, pro athlete, or public figure when they give credit to God/Jesus/etc."
"Watching people degrade their hard work and ability by giving the credit to religious figures is a weird, constant phenomenon, and I'm entirely unsure why it's considered normal."
11. "There is no objective reason for why wearing a hat indoors is rude."
"I have never once been able to find anyone who could give me a reason for how this is rude in any way. Now, if you're in someone's personal home, what they say pretty much goes. That's a completely different story. But out in public, such as in a business or a school building, there is no objective reason for why it's rude or disrespectful."
12. "Drivers should have to take refresher courses every 10 years, regardless of having any driving offenses."
"Rather than courses becoming a form of punishment for people who speed or have been caught drunk driving, these courses should be an obligatory event to maintain a high standard of driving. From the moment you pass your test, bad habits develop, so I think a necessary refresher course would be the perfect tool to correct any bad habits that have formed."
13. "'May the fourth be with you' is exceptionally cringey and a really weak pun."
14. "A lot of men get a bad rap for being selfish lovers, but many women aren't great either."
"Many of the women I've encountered are also not very good in bed. They don't have very good tactile awareness; moving too fast, too hard, or awkwardly arrhythmic. They're not very attentive when it comes to noticing whether what they're doing is enjoyable or uncomfortable, sometimes downright painful, and it often ends up an exercise in mental endurance waiting for it to be over."
15. "People should view the toilet seat being left up as a sign of a clean toilet seat that hasn't been peed on."
"Men are lazy and will try to aim into the hole in the middle of the seat. Even if we don't pee on the seat, a little spray will always make its way on there. A toilet seat left up is a sure sign of a toilet seat that has not been peed on recently/sprayed and I'm sure women don't love getting little bits of pee on their butts."
16. "Putting together IKEA furniture is fun and relaxing."
"I just put together a chest of draws and it was a super fun, calming experience. I felt like I was playing with an adult Lego set!"
17. And finally, "Oatmeal cookies with raisins are better than chocolate chip cookies."
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.