17 Pretty Messed-Up Things That Will Make You Feel Uncomfortable When You Realize They Are Technically Legal
"If your homie gives you his arm to gnaw on, it's fair game."
If it weren't for the legal system, the world would be a pretty messed-up place (yes, even WORSE than it already is). But unfortunately, the code of law is far from perfect. Reddit user u/Flytechofficial recently asked people to share some things that are totally legal but creepy as hell, and the responses were sobering. Here are the 17 most unsettling submissions:
1. "A national newspaper having a countdown for when a child actress becomes 'legal' for sex. Yes, I'm talking about what the Sun did to Emma Watson."
3. "Technically, you can stand on the sidewalk and stare into someone’s house through a window. It’s not illegal as long as you stay off of their property but it’s really freaking creepy."
4. "My dad is currently in an injury case against his old job. There’s been a car outside his house filming him for the last couple months trying to catch him doing compromising things to disprove his injuries. That’s very creepy."
5. "Parents using their kids for money. For example: YouTube kids channels."
7. "Using a laser range finder to ensure you stay outside the effective radius of a restraining order."
8. "Sitting next to someone on public transportation even when there are other seats available."
9. "I believe the act of cannibalism itself is legal, so long as you didn't murder anyone to do it. If your homie gives you his arm to gnaw on, it's fair game."
13. "Following someone on the street."
15. "Tracking. Whether it's Google, Facebook, the government, or whoever. Fuck right off with that."
16. "Puppy mills or backyard dog breeders that breed any dog with a genetic issue that affects their health or quality of life."
17. And finally, "Hanging your doll collection from the trees in your yard using string made from human hair."
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.