39 Products With Before And After Photos That'll Bring A Tear To Any Clean Freak's Eye
"I get so emotional, baby." —Whitney Houston, and also you using these products.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A powerful spray that will break down stubborn mold and mildew stains almost instantly. Just leave it on for about 15 seconds, then wipe away to reveal what your shower is actually supposed to look like.
Promising review: "I bought this RMR spray with low expectations, even with the good reviews. I sprayed a small patch in the evening and let it sit overnight. The next morning, the grout where I had sprayed was as white as if it were brand-new. I decided to spray the entire wall and part of the roof. The next day everything I sprayed had no visible mold. By the third night, I was pretty much spraying everything left in the shower. This stuff is amazing." —John Werner
Get it from Amazon for $16.99 (available in two sizes and various pack sizes).
2. An all-purpose car upholstery cleaner to clean up all the stains left on your seats from the time you spilled your Dunkin' order everywhere.
Promising review: "Holy moly, how did I never know that this existed?? This cleaner is nothing short of a miracle!! My backseat bench has been dirty with mystery stains now for at least a decade, stains that were created by little kids, various passengers, cargo, who knows. I tried EVERYTHING to get out the hazy, dirty staining on my charcoal-colored seats to no avail. Hot water and soap, alcohol based rubs, carpet cleaners, fabric cleaners — literally EVERYTHING, plus lots of elbow grease. I grew frustrated and resigned that my car will look like a dump forever. Then I started doing some research and came upon this cleaner. Many reviews stated it was the best thing ever, car sites named it their top choice, etc. I decided its worth a last-ditch try, and boy I am so glad I did! It took four to five sprays, some minor agitating and rubbing with a broad brush, wipe off with the enclosed cloth, and whaddaya know?? POOF! STAINS GONE! I simply can't believe how easy this was and how pain free. I will go tomorrow and clean ALL my car seats! I highly recommend this, it’s the bomb." —Manddun
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
3. Heavy-duty cleaning wipes that will tackle almost any stain you throw at them. Dirty shoes? Paint splatters around the house? Stains on your car's interior? These wipes can handle it.
Promising review: "I think these wipes are made out of magic because they can clean just about anything with very little effort! One wipe cleaned my ENTIRE BATHTUB, including the hard-water buildup and some residual soap scum. The wipe stayed wet for the entire use, and there was absolutely no sweating involved. I hate cleaning but I was so pumped about the tub, I took wipe #2 to my hood vent and, good golly, it's like it's brand-new. I've told everyone I know to buy these." —JenM
Get a 90-pack from Amazon for $13.94.
4. A disposable cleaning wand to make scrubbing the toilet less of a chore. The kit comes with 16 refill heads to get you started, so you can immediately say goodbye to that dirty toilet wand in your bathroom!
Promising review: "So, we have a toilet that belongs to the cats. We don't use it, we don't look at it, we like to pretend it does not exist. Even with semiregular flushing, cat waste is pretty nasty stuff and built up quickly in the bowl. One of these wands cleaned it up in a single session! Before-and-after pic attached (above)." —Whitney
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
5. A pack of cleaning tablets to clean your dishwasher for you, because it's probably way dirtier than you imagine. These will break down lime and mineral buildup so your dishes come out looking as sparkly as they do in all those dish soap commercials.
Promising review: "After using this product, I am happy to report that my $5 investment saved me over $500. I was ready to replace my dishwasher, due to super cloudy glasses, residue, and just not getting clean. Then I saw a product test review for Affresh in Good Housekeeping magazine. I was ordering some stuff from Amazon anyway, so I added that to my order. I did not expect the results I got! The glassware that I thought was permanently etched and ruined came out like new. Same with cutlery. The difference is unbelievable. I am amazed!" —Sheila
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $5.98.
6. A shower door cleaner that'll remove any stubborn hard-water spots and have your glass looking so clean you might accidentally walk into it.
Promising review: "This product works beautifully. I tried a lot of products to remove the hard water from my glass shower. I have to admit the first time I used it with a cloth it was not very effective. The second time I used a nonabrasive sponge for glass. It turned out beautiful, just like the first day the glass was installed." —EJP
Get it from Amazon for $11.62 (also available in a pack of two).
7. A tennis shoe cleaner to fool everyone into thinking you got some brand-new kicks for the summer. In reality, they're just the same ones you've been shamelessly wearing since high school.
Promising review: "I have had my Nike Roshe runs for about a year now, and I don't go easy on them. I play sports and run in the dirt with them all the time, but I also like to wear them for fashion purposes. Pink Miracle helped restore my daily shoes to look like I just bought them — now I can wear them for even longer. Very pleased with Pink Miracle, I will buy it again when I run out of my bottle." —Romario
Get it from Amazon for $16.97+ (available in two sizes).
8. A jar of the TikTok-famous Pink Stuff, which is basically the Powerpuff Girl of cleaning products: it looks cute but packs a serious punch. Once you use it to tackle the grime in your oven, you can use it to spruce up your tiles or give your shower door a good scrub-down.
Promising review: "I added before and after photos of my filthy oven so you all would know this stuff is the real deal and worth it. I like that it didn't have a strong odor and it didn't use much effort at all to clean my oven. You can really see it removing the burnt-on grease after a few circular motions." —DNICEANDFAM
Get it from Amazon for $8.89.
9. A red wine stain remover so you'll no longer panic when you accidentally spill that glass of merlot on Bachelor night.
Promising review: "When you have anything white in your house and you have a love for red wine, THIS PRODUCT IS A MUST! We had a dinner party of about 15 people in our house so I bought five bottles just in case. Someone spilled red wine on our brand-new white couch. I was so mad, but I used this stuff and it was GONE. It didn't just take most of the red wine out — the red wine was GONE! No trace of it at all! I will buy more!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.91.
10. A carpet cleaner to clean up everything from spaghetti mishaps to coffee spills in your car. If only Kevin had this on hand when he spilled his famous chili.
Promising review: "It’s a miracle in a bottle. My German shepherd mix decided to pull a black fountain pen out of my purse and chew it to pieces on my beige carpet while I was sleeping — this cleaner lifted the stain and now it’s like the devastation my dog caused never happened! As soon as I saw it lifting the ink, I got back on Amazon and bought more bottles. I will never let myself run out of this. I use it in my Bissell carpet cleaner for some crazy-good cleaning power. I’ve become that weird lady who goes around singing the praises of a cleaning product. No regrets." —L. Logan
Get it from Amazon for $12.69 (also available in a pack of two).
11. Or! An internet-beloved pet urine stain–removing spray that's powerful enough to tackle any accident — even ones that have been there for months! It'll also help neutralize odors, so your carpet will basically be as fresh and vibrant as the day you moved in.
Promising review: "I don’t know how I ever survived without this. There’s tons of 'pet stain/odor remover' products out there, but this by far is the absolute best. I cringed paying the $20 for it when others are between $5–$10, but I have NO ISSUES paying now. I foster dogs, some puppies, some older, some not housebroken, and every room in my house is carpeted except the kitchen, which means I have lots of accidents. I spray enough to saturate if it’s a lot of urine, let it soak for 10 minutes, then wipe it up with a hand towel. Then I put a larger towel on top of it if it’s in a high-traffic area until it’s completely dry. It’s taken out every stain and more importantly the odor is gone! I will never stop buying this product. I recommend it to everyone who has dogs!" —Shelley
Get it from Amazon for $19.94 (available in two sizes).
12. An all-natural oven scrub made with gritty pumice stone so you can really go to town on that pizza that exploded and left a mess everywhere. It'll even clean all the hard-to-reach spots on your racks and oven door.
Promising review: "Finally tackled the rings on our stove top with this scrub and a reusable paper towel (as I was worried about using a scourer on an easily scratched surface) and the rings came right off! These are those 'oh crap, the pot boiled over' rings that I ignored that lead to my stove top looking a bit crusty. The oven scrub ate them right off and left my oven and stove top looking great." —Jessie Bono
Cleaning Studio is a small Etsy shop based in Fairfield, Connecticut, that specializes in cleaning products.
13. A rust stain–removing powder for when you want to get rid of rust stains but don't feel like scrubbing. Simply apply it, wait a few minutes for the rust to dissolve, and then lightly wipe it away.
Promising review: "I cannot say enough great things about this product. We just purchased a home that has a well with very high iron content in the water. I tried everything to remove the stains from our three toilets but nothing worked. I found this product online and immediately went to Amazon. The results blew me away. I didn't have to scrub at all. I let it sit in the tank for several hours and the results floored me!" —Toni Huitt
Get it from Amazon for $10.42+ (available in three sizes and a four-pack).
14. A cleaning kit to make your ceramic cooktop look as shiny and flawless as the day you moved in.
The kit comes with a bottle of cleaner, a cleaning pad, and a heavy-duty scraper that are all designed to break down burnt-on foods and tough stains.
Promising review: "As soon as I used this stuff, I couldn't believe it! We had a new stove that I didn't clean for months and assumed the burnt pea juice (my enemy) would just be a new stain forever. However, after one application, it was basically gone. I used the scraper that came with it and did one more small application on just that spot, and it was gone! Every time I use this it looks like my stove could be brand-new." —Christi Lambertson
Get it from Amazon for $9.79.
15. Or! A gas range cleaning spray to cut through grime and grease and eliminate any evidence that your roommates are total slobs. Now I'm just projecting.
This stuff is THE TRUTH. My roommate is the best, but let's just say wiping down the stove after cooking is not one of her favorite activities. I'm not particular fond of doing the dishes, so I guess we're even. Anyways, I spray this on a few times a week, let it sit for about five minutes, then wipe with a cloth and it removes EVERYTHING. Like, every little spot of caked-on grease and burnt crumbs come off with just one wipe.
Get a two pack from Amazon for $14.88 (also available in packs pd two and eight).
16. A nonabrasive, bleach-free cleaning and polishing powder you can sprinkle on everything from cookware to sinks, stoves, bathtubs, and toilets.
It'll remove rust, tarnish, stains, and mineral deposits from stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic, copper alloys, fiberglass, Corian, brass, bronze, chrome, and aluminum.
Promising review: "I bought this after seeing numerous recommendations, and after years of searing and occasionally burning things in my stainless pans, it was time to try to bring them to a better state. Not only did this easily scrub off the latest culinary leavings, it scrubbed off the years of buildup of oil, fat, cooking spray, and whatever else that have been continually baked on in the oven, stove, and dishwasher. A little powder, a dash of water, a quick, light scrub, and...it's gone? How is that possible? What's in this stuff? I do not know, I do not care. After scrubbing my enamel stovetop in a fraction of the time with no scratches and better results, I became thoroughly convinced the contents of BKF is not of this realm. It's magic." —Bulb
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $7.50 (also available in packs of two and three).
17. Or! A bottle of Bar Keepers Friend soft cleanser that can remove tarnish, soap scum, rust, and hard-water deposits with ease. The original formula comes in a powder, but this version is premixed and ready to use!
Promising review: "Bar Keepers Friend should really be called 'Homeowner's Magician'! I purchased this cleanser in an attempt to revive our stainless-steel knife set, which is a great moderately priced set that has seen better days, and I'm extremely happy that I did. The cleanser not only took away the rust spots with minimal difficulty, but it returned them to their original luster! After cleaning our knives, I gave it a shot on our porcelain sink, which I typically have to douse in bleach cleaner to remove the stains from, causing the entire kitchen to be filled with noxious fumes...and it worked beautifully! The stains came clean, and it made the sink look pretty enough to eat off of." —Kat Ferrari
Get it from Amazon for $9.29+ (available in two sizes or a pack of two).
18. A leather cleaner to polish up and add some shine to any furniture, shoes, or accessories that have seen better days.
Remember to mix this concentrate with water before using!
Promising review: "My 15-year-old leather sectional hadn't been cleaned or conditioned in three to four years because I couldn't find anything that worked well without causing it to look blotchy. The color was also fading and I thought it was a goner. After some elbow grease, the sectional looks great! It's now back to its original color without being blotchy. More importantly, the suppleness has returned. I can actually say that it looks as good as the day we bought it." —jellybean55
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in two sizes).
19. A 20-pack of cleaning erasers — they're more affordable than name brands but still...um...magic, if you catch my drift. These little sponges use just water to lift away tough stains — and the results are downright soothing.
Promising review: "These babies have transformed and reformed my slobby life. My dog sitter thought I got a new sink and fridge. I have never had more fun cleaning in my life — wait, I have never had any fun cleaning. But these magical creatures make it so freaking satisfying. No toxic stuff. No fumes. Just heavenly cleanliness." —Jimmy Jim Ereeno
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $9.95.
20. A grout-cleaning kit to loosen up all the dirt in between your tiles, because a sparkly-clean floor can go a long way in revitalizing your kitchen and bathroom.
The kit comes with two bottles of Grout-Eez and a scrubber you can attach to a standard mop or broom pole.
Promising review: "This is an excellent product. I have tried several grout cleaners over the past 15 years since the majority of our flooring has been ceramic tile. This product surpassed all of them. In fact, nothing has ever worked this quickly. The three best features included: 1) the instructions on both the bottle and with the product were clear and I followed them to a tee, 2) the perfect brush that came with it that fit perfectly into my grout lines and was easy to attach to an existing handle, and 3) how easily the soil was removed from the grout. I would recommend using this around one tile first and definitely wait the 10 minutes then wiggle the brush in the grout lines. The soil comes up quickly." —Karen
Get a set from Amazon for $39.95.
21. Or a grout ink pen that will take the space between your tiles from grimy to shiny in a few simple swipes. It's like a more productive version of an adult coloring book!
This won't clean your grout but it'll make it look brand-new.
Promising review: "I was pleasantly surprised by how far these went. I did the entire floor of my large master bathroom plus a little of the shower with one pen. It is pretty forgiving and you have quite a bit of working time before it dries completely. This was not a quick task, but it went faster than I thought it would. I was worried the white would look too bright, but it just makes everything look so much cleaner. Very happy with this product!" —Jenelle
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in two sizes).
22. A chain mail scrubber so you can actually clean all of the burned-on grime on your cast-iron skillets without removing the seasoning or causing damage. It's also safe for use on waffle makers, griddles, and everything else you barely bother cleaning.
23. A jetted tub cleaner for anyone who desperately needs a relaxing bath but your bathtub is a little too grimy for comfort. It'll remove all the gunk trapped in the places you can't even see, so your tub will be the cleanest it's ever been.
24. An enzyme-based laundry stain remover so you won't have to panic the next time you accidentally spill some tomato sauce on your favorite top.
Promising review: "For whatever reason, I am ALWAYS spilling things on my shirts and I cook every night (sometimes I remember the apron, sometimes I don't). My clothes are a mess by the end of the day. I'm not proud of it, but there it is. I have tried EVERYTHING there is to remove stains and this is the absolute BEST thing out there. (There is simply not a major stain remover that I have not tried.) The only thing close is a long presoak (I mean like six hours) in Oxyclean. With Puracy, you get the best result by doing it well in advance, but for me that is another plus because I would far rather spray them when I put them in the hamper than do it all at once just before I do the laundry. It seems to get everything out and I've never had any trouble with damaged fabric. I don't really review very much, but this is seriously outstanding." —NYC Buyer
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in three sizes).
25. An all-purpose scrubber kit to turn your power drill into the ultimate scrubber you never knew you needed. The nylon bristles won't leave behind any scratches, so you can scrub away without worrying about ruining your tub.
Promising review: "I bought this on a whim because my walk-in shower is just a pain to clean. I'm 51 and I guess I've just been old school with how I clean, hand scrubbing for years. The FIRST time I used this to clean my shower it took five minutes AND it scrubbed my shower more clean than it has been in years. In the corners, the floor, the glass door...everything came out squeaky clean. I'm NEVER cleaning my shower by hand again." —Terry
Get it from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in six bristle stiffnesses).
26. This jewelry-cleaning stick so you can quickly and easily add some bling back to your rings.
Promising review: "This little pen brush is incredible! I wasn't sure if it would work well on my emerald engagement ring, since it's mostly advertised for diamonds, but I thought I'd give it a try. I have been wearing the ring since getting engaged in October, and even though I had it cleaned at the jeweler's in April, it just didn't seem as bright as it was when it was new, and I thought it would just always be a little cloudy. But after cleaning it once with the Dazzle Stik, I was blown away by the difference — it looks as bright and sparkly as when I first got it! I'm so glad I didn't buy an ultrasonic cleaner, since this is so much less expensive and easier and gentler. It took me less than a minute to clean, and I can do it whenever I want! And it's honestly better than when the jeweler cleaned it. So thrilled!" —KFray
Get it from Amazon for $6.50.
27. A dishwasher-friendly cage for all your baseball caps that are starting to look a bit too dingy to pass off as "vintage." Just pop it on the top shelf and let the dishwasher work its magic.
Promising review: "Works like a charm! It's given new life to my favorite baseball caps, some of which, I'm sad to report, have suffered tragically in washing machine incidences. Never would I have considered the dishwasher, but Ballcap Buddy said yes, so I tried it. Not only did my caps get clean, but they retained their shape. It's a perfect way to wash a baseball cap. Different styles, different colors, and materials all came out the same: looking good." —Mcharmony
Get it from Amazon for $8.95.
28. A small but impressive power scrubber to break down all the caked-on grime in your shower so you can turn your bathroom into the clean, shiny sanctuary you truly deserve.
"I'm obsessed! This thing works small miracles: I cleaned about half of my bathroom's grout to its original sparkling-clean cream color in 40 minutes, and it took honestly no effort at all. And — as if easy, sparkling grout wasn't enough! — it busted through some serious soap scum buildup in my bathtub (thanks, fancy soap and slow-draining tub) in less than a minute.
Honestly, when I first tried the scrubber out, I didn't see too many uses for it other than for grout. But after owning it for a while, I've realized that while I don't need it every single week, it's priceless for the occasions I encounter tough gunk that I'd otherwise only conquer with excessive patience and elbow grease." —Natalie Brown
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
29. A stain remover in a squeezable gel formula that can cling onto awkward vertical and inclined surfaces and fit in tight spaces. Just squeeze, walk away, then give it a quick rinse in the morning to reveal some jaw-dropping results.
Promising review: "I hardly leave reviews, but I had to leave one for this product. I just received this yesterday, applied it last night and this morning it’s like I have a brand-new bathroom. I’m embarrassed to show 'before' and 'after' photos 'cause it was so nasty. No matter how hard we scrubbed the mildew wouldn’t go away. I almost cried when I saw my bathroom this mornings. Don’t hesitate; buy this now. You won’t regret it." —Bianca Green
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.