We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A hydrating yet super clarifying cleanser by Holika Holika that truly gives you the best of both worlds. The aloe vera will keep you moisturized while the foaming formula will break down all the dirt and oil you've accumulated throughout the day.
2. An impressively calming cream by Dear, Klairs — it uses centella asiatica extract to soothe irritation and even out your skin tone. Reviewers say it works wonders for calming redness and irritation.
Promising review: "Absolutely worth every single cent! I have severe rosacea that leaves my nose and cheeks dry, flaky, and breaking out. I’ve had little success with anything topical that will provide any relief to my irritated skin...I received my order Wednesday and applied it that night after washing my face. By Saturday afternoon, my face is almost completely healed, preventing pealing and helping clear up my rosacea skin irritation!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $21.90+ (available in two sizes).
3. An Innisfree face cream that does what you previously thought was impossible — hydrates and keeps you matte at the same time! It'll help moisturize all your dry spots, but the salicylic acid and volcanic clusters will keep you from looking greasy by the time the afternoon rolls around.
Promising review: "I am super impressed with this cream. My nose is super oily, and I feel like you could see the pores from space. I used just a touch on the area and then applied my foundation normally, and this made it look so smooth and flawless. It still has moisturizing properties, and this will work well for me during the summer when my skin has more oil. There is no scent, and it feels wonderful." —MJ
Get it from Amazon for $23.
4. A hydrating Belif toner — yes, a toner can be hydrating! — to help prep your skin for your favorite facial moisturizer. Just put some on a cotton pad, sweep it over your skin, then follow up with the rest of your routine!
5. Or a more clarifying toner from Some By Mi with miraculous results — no really, "miracle" is actually in its name! This "miracle toner" uses chemical exfoliants to help dissolve dead skin cells and have you looking smooth and glowing in just 30 days. Use it after you cleanse but before moisturizing for best results.
Promising review: "My esthetician recommended I start using something with AHA/BHA, so I found this and decided to give it a shot. I'm very happy with how much my skin has improved since I've started using it. Now every appointment, she compliments how much better my texture is and how healthy my skin looks. Highly recommend!" —Alex F.
Get it from Amazon for $14.
6. A wildly popular sleeping mask by Laneige to practically transform your skin overnight. Applying a thin layer of this squalene-packed cream right before bed will have you looking plump and glowy by the time morning rolls around.
7. Belif's the True Cream Aqua Bomb, which proves you can get heavy-duty moisture in a lightweight formula. This oil-free gel melts into the skin almost instantly, so it's perfect for all my fellow impatient skin care lovers.
8. A Skin Food scrub made with exfoliating sugar granules to remove dead skin and a shea butter base to keep your face soft and hydrated. It's also a two-in-one formula — you can use it like a normal scrub and rinse it off right away, or leave it on for about 15 minutes if you're in need of a good purifying mask!
Promising review: "This exfoliator is great! It works very well on my sensitive skin and pairs especially well with my skin when it is extra sensitive after using Tretinoin cream. I like that you can utilize it as a basic exfoliator or turn it into a mask just by leaving it on. It has an awesome scent (light and citrus-y — reminds me of the original Fresh lip balm in the brown tube). I especially appreciate that the granules of sugar dissolve when washed away, unlike some other exfoliators that have non-dissolving particles that end up lining of the bottom of my tub and sink. I really enjoy this product and would highly recommend it." —LindsayRoseEliz
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
9. A super foamy Innisfree facial cleanser that uses the power of volcanic clusters to pull impurities out of your pores and mop up any excess oil.
10. An absolutely magical peeling gel by Skin Food with results you can actually see — you can literally see the dead skin rolling off! The unique gel texture latches on to all of your dead skin to give you super smooth results once you rinse it off. It's one of those slightly gross but oh-so-satisfying products you'll never want to be without.
Promising review: "This product works really well, and it is so much fun to use! I even got my boyfriend to try it with me. I apply it after cleansing and toning by taking some of the product on my finger tips and massage it all over my face and chin for a few minutes, avoiding the skin around my eyes. It lifts up all of the dead skin which you can easily wash off once you're done. I followed it up with the rest of my normal nightly regimen and a hydrating mask. When I wake up, my face feels incredibly smooth — really noticed a difference! I'll be using this twice a week to reap the benefits of the exfoliating but not overdo it." —J
Get it from Amazon for $10.79.
11. A delightfully lightweight essence from Neogen Dermalogy that uses fermented ingredients to give you that glowy "glass skin" look and protect you from harmful irritants throughout the day.
12. A bottle of COSRX Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence for anyone looking to include a serious dose of extra moisture to their routine. It's formulated with 96.3% snail secretion filtrate to repair your skin and give it that "lit from within" complexion that basically looks like an IRL Instagram filter.
Promising review: "I started a Korean skincare routine, and this was the final product I added. When I started using this essence, I feel like it took my skin from looking 'pretty okay' to 'wow, that actually looks a lot better.' I have combo skin — mostly dry but with areas of acne. It's helped to add moisture to the dry sections without breaking me out in the oily sections, and my redness is also reduced the next morning. The immediate effect is my skin feeling/looking plump and healthy. There is not much of a scent, and there's so much product in this bottle, it's going to last a long while." —Annalisa H.
Get it from Amazon for $19.90.
13. A Hanskin essence that puts in overtime to soften your skin, give you a subtle glow, and balance excess oil. If you're not already using hyaluronic acid in your routine for some extra moisture, this is a great place to start.
Promising review: "I've been battling dry skin after having my baby, and my friend recommended this product to me. I've been using it for a few days now, and I'm already starting to notice a difference. It's not greasy or heavy when you apply, and it's a simple regimen. I like how it keeps my skin feeling hydrated throughout the day. I'm definitely keeping this one." —kjammer123
Get it from Amazon for $25.
14. Banila Co Cleansing Balm for anyone who is tired of spending way too much time taking their makeup off. This emollient cleanser starts off as a thick balm, then quickly transforms into an oil that can break down stubborn makeup and remove excess dirt and oil at the same time. Once everything is melted away, just give it a quick rinse with water. Say goodbye to your wasteful makeup wipes!!!
Promising review: "This product is magic. I was skeptical because it's a bit popular but I decided to give it a try and I don't regret a thing. Takes off my makeup so efficiently and once you rinse off, It's like it was never there. It literally melts away the makeup! Of course this is my first step in a double cleanse to make sure I get everything and I would recommend the same to everyone just to get any residual oil off. The texture is like creamy sorbet and the scent is light and sweet, but refreshing. The sorbet dissolves into the cleansing oil and I can almost feel it getting all the dirt pulled up off my skin. IT DOES NOT LEAVE YOU FEELING TIGHT OR DRIED OUT. This ingredient list is gentle enough for everyone and the scent is light enough not to irritate skin or annoy the nose. I look forward to this step in my skincare routine every time. Get it. Like do it now." —Deja
Get it from Amazon for $17+ (available in seven formulas).
15. A pack of Dr. Oracle A-Thera Tea Tree Peeling Sticks that are SO satisfying to use. They're basically cotton swabs packed with chemical exfoliants that you can sweep over your face to help loosen dead skin and remove any impurities in your pores. Happy swabbing!
The gentleness comes from a blend of tea tree extract, lemon extract, and bamboo extract. Everything works to speed up the blemish recovery process *and* prevent them from popping up in the future.
Promising review: "I was a little nervous to try this product because it seemed like it could be harsh. I was incredibly amazed when it wasn’t at all harsh on my skin and it helped my blackheads and whiteheads on my chin (problem area) overnight! The texture of my chin has been really off as well (dry patches, yet blackheads and whiteheads) and it immediately rectified that. I was super pleased with this purchase and will definitely be buying it again." —Julia A.
Get a 10-pack from Soko Glam for $22.61.
16. Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Serum to brighten your skin and minimize the appearance of acne scars, irritation, and oversized pores. Who knew vitamin C was so multitalented?!
Promising review: "I've been using it for just over a month and two large freckles (um, age spots) on my cheek are faded to the point that they're barely visible. At this rate, they'll be pretty much gone by next month. It does have a slightly oily feel that makes it easy to smooth into skin, but it doesn't clog my pores or irritate my very sensitive skin. UPDATE: I used this product for a few months and then switched to one with a higher percentage of Vitamin C only to find that it didn't work nearly as well. I'm back to using Klairs and am so impressed by the positive change I see in my skin when I use it — it's brighter, smoother, and more even, even though it's a mild product." —Elisa Q.
Get it from Amazon for $22.
17. Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Cleanser that proves a face wash doesn't have to be super harsh to be super cleansing. The jelly-like texture will feel soft and gentle on your skin, but the generous lather still puts in enough work to lift away dirt and oil.
Promising review: "Upon first use, my sensitive skin didn't turn red or breakout! This is a great gentle cleanser that doesn't strip and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized. There is a slight fragrance but nothing overpowering which I love. This is also one of the few gel like cleansers that I've tried that's easier to wash off. Some of them feel a bit too slimey and take a bit more effort to completely wash off, but not this one. I'll definitely be repurchasing in the future!" —Sydney
Krave Beauty is a Korean woman-owned small biz that believes in simplicity and aims to make skincare easy and stress-free in an oversaturated and complicated industry. They believe in respecting the skin and restoring it back to health.
Get it from Krave Beauty for $16.
18. Oat So Simple Water Cream, which is basically a moisturizer for anyone who hates moisturizers. This transforms into a lightweight water-like consistency once it makes contact with your skin, so it'll give you just enough hydration without making you feel greasy. All my fellow oily-skinned people, this is for us!
This only contains 10 ingredients and is fragrance, paraben, silicone, alcohol—free!
Promising review: "After going through two of these, I highly recommend this product for those with oily or combination skin. I struggled so long to find a moisturizer that hydrates my skin and doesn't clog my pores and this is the one. I find it works the best right after my toner so that the moisturizer locks in all that hydration. At night, it pairs perfectly with the Great Barrier Relief serum. It has such a dreamy consistency and really does an amazing job." —Ahtziri R.
Get it from Krave Beauty for $28.
19. A tub of Nature Republic Soothing Aloe Vera Gel that has soooo many uses. It obviously will come in handy after being out in the sun for a bit too long, but it's also a wonderful everyday moisturizer for people who deal with frequent irritation and sensitivity. You can even use some in your hair to tame flyaways, put a little on your nails to help freshen up your cuticles, use it as a lip balm, or apply it all over as a lightweight body moisturizer.
BuzzFeed editor Elizabeth Lily swears by this gel! Check out her Nature Republic Soothing Moisture Aloe Vera Gel review to learn why.
Promising review: "Really great product that has done wonders for my skin! I cannot believed how much it has improved the moisture of my skin. I also break out really easy and most facial products will irritate my skin horribly but this product has never done that! My mom is the same way and it has not caused any reactions for her either. If you have very sensitive skin, I recommend giving this a try!" —Ren
Get it from Amazon for $6.90 (also available in various pack sizes).
20. Sioris Time Is Running Out Mist, which basically crams a toner, mist, and serum all in one bottle. The 78% organic fruit water and various oils will have you looking glowy and dewy, but never greasy and oily.
Sioris is a clean and sustainable brand with vegan certified formulas that have organically farmed, in-season ingredients. Their mission is to make skincare simple and effective.
Ohlolly is POC- and woman-owned small business based in California. It's founded by two sisters who are on a mission to curate the finest in Korean skincare and bring authentic K-beauty to the masses. They particularly seek out natural, plant-based products with unique ingredients that are hard to find anywhere else.
21. COSRX pimple patches to banish those pesky zits that show up without warning. Your dermatologist will be so relieved you're not popping them!
For persistent or bigger pimples, leave a pimple patch on overnight for two to three days to allow the pimple to diminish completely.
Promising review: "These little patches are really awesome to put on those breakouts that happen at that time of the month. They stick well and are not totally obvious. I put them on at night or during the day if I’m not going anyplace although I have realized later that I had one on when at the grocery store (nobody looked at me oddly at the store so I’m guessing it wasn’t an eyesore). I feel like if I put the patch on right away that the blemish doesn’t get that big and it seems to heal more quickly without leaving a dark mark. I have seen people apply makeup right over it on YouTube, although I’ve never tried it personally. Easy to use. Pretty effective. Not too expensive. I definitely recommend this item!" —Sarah Burg
22. Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream that works so well you might just convince everyone that you actually got a full night's sleep when you were actually up way too late watching Is It Cake?
Promising review: "Holy smokes. I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at my under-eye bags/dark circles after applying this. I went around showing everyone in my family. I cannot rave enough about how wonderful this product is. It goes on smooth, feels very cool under the eye, and it isn't heavy at all. It evaporates really well on the skin and doesn't leave any greasy or sticky residue. This outdoes even some of the $50–$80 eye creams I have tried before. This is now my everyday eye cream. I'm done trying out new products." —Michelle E.
Get it from Amazon for $8.60+ (available in two sizes).
23. A blackhead remover liquid with 4% BHA, which is essentially a powerful chemical exfoliator. You can slather it all over your "problem areas" after cleansing to reduce the size of enlarged pores and finally diminish those pesky blackheads that never seem to go away. Your derm will be so glad you've finally moved on from pore strips.
Promising review: "This product does a fantastic job of keeping my large nose-straddling blackheads at bay. I use it as an exfoliating toner, and the texture is simply perfect — just the right amount of slip, liquidy enough to spread, and viscous enough to not run. Just three or four pumps is sufficient to cover my face, and the scent of the product is pleasing but not very noticeable." —Melody P.
Get it from Amazon for $19.