1. The last time we saw Elizabeth Swann was a decade ago (YES, it’s been that long) in the franchise’s third installment, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.
Both Keira and Orlando were NOT in the last/fourth film, On Stranger Tides.
2. And while we knew Orlando Bloom would be reprising his role as Will Turner for the latest and fifth installment, Dead Men Tell No Tales, it had only been a rumor that Keira MIGHT return, too.
In fact, she had straight up said she wouldn’t return to the franchise in the past.
3. But the new Japanese trailer just confirmed that, yeah, Elizabeth Swann will make an appearance in full corseted-gloriousness. And you can check out that brief AF shot here:
5. Which begs the question – what is Elizabeth’s fate in this film? Will is clearly going to be running around with their lovely spawn, Henry, but…will Pirates play ye olde Disney trope of the dead mother?
Or maybe Elizabeth decided to give up the pirate’s life and embrace colonial life?!
6. Guess we’ll find out soon. May 26 can’t get here soon enough!
7. And if you want to see the full Japenese trailer, check it out here:
- President Trump is ordering a review of all of America's national monuments that were created in the past two decades.
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔