31 Things Under $40 From Target That’ll Feel Surprisingly Luxurious
Sometimes, you just want your life to look like you've spent money without actually having to spend money.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A ceramic jar three-wick candle that will add an elegant touch to any room *and* a delicious scent as well.
2. A hanging plant arrangement to create the look of real luxury and light in your home without breaking the bank to achieve it.
3. A balloon long-sleeve top – it somehow screams professional and lavish at the same time. Throw on some accessories like a headband and you'll be at the top of your outfit game.
4. An elegant ceramic lamp for a sleek sophisticated look in any space. The modern finish will make it seem as if you spent way more than you actually did.
5. An idyllic rope hammock chair for when summer finally comes around. Spend the day lounging in your new hammock with a cool glass of seltzer.
6. A set of geometric throw pillows that scream chic. There's nothing more luxurious than decorative pillows — and lots of them.
7. A layered gold necklace that could probably cost well over $100 at another store but is less than $20 here. Sometimes all you need to complete an outfit is the perfect necklace.
8. A pair of pointed-toe loafers because even though we're taking our meetings on Zoom now, dressing professionally can keep us motivated and on top of our WFH game. These shoes give you that chic style without sacrificing comfort.
9. An at-home facial steamer to make you feel like you've brought the spa home to your couch. Carve out some "you" time and feel the extravagance wash over you.
10. A geometric marble accent lamp that could pass as a designer lamp with its unique modern style but really, cost you less than a week's worth of coffee.
11. A wooden wine rack to add a minimalist touch to your home decor. Display your $10 wine collection proudly.
12. A set of glass champagne flutes because there's just something incredibly sophisticated about having specific glasses for champagne.
13. A pair of high-rise paper bag ankle pants for a comfier take on slacks. All of the style, none of the squeeze.
14. A magnetic hobo bag that adds a stylish touch to your outifts and has an *almost* designer look about it.
15. A sterling silver linked circle necklace that's high enough quality to not break down quickly but is still affordable.
16. A tiered jewelry storage box to help clean up that clutter of random necklaces and earrings we both know you have. Can't possibly be just me, right?
17. A woven sleeveless jumper with a breathable fabric so you won't feel suffocated in this piece as you strut down the street with your face mask and hand sanitizer as accessories.
18. A pair of super cute sandal pumps that will look and feel luxurious on your feet. BRB, buying one in every single color.
19. An iced coffee maker to make all your Starbucks dreams come true from the comfort of your kitchen. Plus, it comes with a reusable tumbler and coffee filter!
20. A sleeveless dress you can upgrade with a blazer and heels or keep casual with a jean jacket and sandals. Either way, this versatile piece won't cause you too much financial stress.
21. A pair of lace-up combat boots that'll add an edgy confidence to your outfit and your mood. Who knew all it took to feel this good was a $40 pair of shoes?
22. A classic-looking watch, it doesn't have numbers which seems to make it *even more* sophisticated. No one needs to know it cost less than $20.
23. A minimal glass jewelry box that might not clean up the clutter of your jewelry but it can at least hide it in an aesthetically pleasing box.
24. A wrap jacket to bring a touch of cover to your outfit but won't have you sweating on a hot day.
25. A glass pour-over maker that makes great coffee *and* adds some cute decor to your kitchen. As a former barista, I can tell you, pour-over coffee is unbeatable.
26. A pore extraction skin resurfacing system which is basically just a lot of words to say a device that will help clear up your skin. Nothing is more luxurious than pulling dirt and grime off your face and being left with glowing skin.
27. An eye-catching mini skirt you can throw on for that after-work virtual happy hour you agreed to and still have money to spare for Whiteclaws.
28. A rose quartz sculpting stone that, surprisingly, isn't for sculpting art, it's for sculpting your face. Need I say more?
29. A satchel handbag with a sleek finish that gives off the look of an expensive item but won't have you crying in the checkout line.
30. A bright pink moto jacket because as we come up on the one year anniversary of quarantine, we all deserve a little color in our lives.
31. And an Olive & June cuticle serum that feels self-explanatory because as we all know, the true measure of wealth is how nice your cuticles are. Fool everyone with this $15 steal.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.