Pepsi Max ads via Germany, approved by the client.
Suicide is never a good look for a brand.
Great illustrations, though.
Pepsi issued statements saying the ads would never run again.
Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and three of his Bunga Bunga girls, bound and gagged.
The campaign (the 2nd ad featured bound and gagged Kardashian sister caricatures) was never “publicized,” but, the ad agency (JWT, New Delhi) put them on the internet. Ford not only knew about them, but approved them to be entered into India’s biggest awards show competition.
First the ad agency and then Ford apologized, saying, “We are reviewing approval and oversight processes to help ensure nothing like this ever happens again.”
3. Burger King
The ad was only publicized in Singapore, but on the internet, Singapore is the world. BK’s corporate office had to come forward and disavow the ad because of its…unseemly connotations.
5. World Wildlife Federation
This ad, headlined “The tsunami killed 100 times more people than 9/11” was produced in Brazil.
The WWF first stated that they didn’t approve it, but after a little digging, it was discovered that the organization’s Brazilian office did greenlight it, forcing the U.S. office to issue the usual mea culpa.
Here’s the video verison of the ad.
Here’s another Brazilian ad, this one for the Mentos single pack, tagged “Selfishness without guilt.” The fat women-mocking ad was entered into major industry awards shows without Mentos’ knowledge, forcing the candy’s parent company, Perfetti Van Melle, to damn the ad’s existence.
A KIA ad — again via Brazil — advertising the car’s dual zone a/c.
The pedophiliac ad won a Silver Lion at the Cannes Ad Festival in 2011, which caused the ad to get worldwide recognition, which caused Kia Motors America to break out the spokesperson and issue an apology.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He thought two of them were Middle Eastern, but they weren't.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝