1. Jesus, he’s drunk.
“Pietà,” by Michelangelo.
The Chapel Bar & Bistro in Auckland, NZ. “7 Years of Almighty Nights.”
Here’s the ad agency press note:
After creating a stir with their 7th birthday print advert last year (here’s that ad) Chapel Bar has released another two executions in its holy campaign. Featuring a twist on your traditional biblical characters, the first execution generated massive media attention, with the second two in the series on track to continue the trend.”
Ad agency: Ogilvy & Mather, New Zealand.
2. “I will never drink again. A — HUUUURGGEHH — men.”
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.