1. Google has been playing around with its Doodles since the World Cup started, and they’ve mostly been cute and playful, but Wednesday’s image is a bit tone deaf. The Doodle depicts a favela — or slum — where the letter “L” is playing with a ball by itself.
2. In favelas, people live in extreme poverty with lack of services, and they are often afflicted by severe crime and violence.
4. Many have complained on social media, pointing out that trying to make poverty look cute is insensitive.
11. Google has declined to comment.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.