2. Mick Jagger wanted to play Dr. Frank N. Furter in the film.
3. And Steve Martin auditioned for the role of Brad.
8. Patricia Quinn (Magenta) initially turned down the film role, but later agreed to join as long as she could lip-sync “Science Fiction - Double Feature” in the opening. She loved that song in the play.
Vocals were performed by Richard O’Brien (Riff Raff).
She is quoted as having said: “Well you can take your movie and shove it where the sun don’t shine. Not interested.”
19. At the midnight showings, not only do patrons dress up, they bring props. There are no hard-and-fast rules on props, but the following is a list of some of the most common:
- Rice (to be thrown at Ralph and Betty’s wedding)
- Water pistols (back row squirts them during rain scene)
- Newspapers (for front and middle rows to shield themselves from rain)
- Flashlights or cigarette lighters
- Rubber gloves (during and after the creation speech, Frank snaps his gloves three times)
- Noisemakers (the Transylvanians applaud Frank’s creation - so should you)
- Toilet paper (when Brad yells “Great Scott!”, throw a roll)
- Confetti (at the end of the “Charles Atlas” reprise, the Transylvanians throw confetti)
- Toast (when Frank proposes a toast at dinner)
- Party hat (when Frank puts on his hat to wish Rocky happy birthday, so does the audience)
- Bell (“When we made it/did you hear a bell ring?”)
- Cards (“Cards for sorrow/cards for pain”)
20. Dr. Frank N. Furter’s “castle” was shot partially at Oakley Court which also served as the set for numerous Hammer horror films. It was built in 1859, refurbished in 1981 and is now a luxury hotel.
Meaning, YOU CAN STAY HERE! For a pretty pence, obviously.
- An earthquake that struck central Italy Wednesday has killed at least 37 people, officials say. 150 people are still missing.
- Turkish forces have launched an offensive to help Syrian rebels take the border town of Jarabulus from ISIS and keep it out of Kurdish hands.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York," but he isn't.