1. Wear sunscreen, especially on your window-facing arm.
2. Roll up a towel or T-shirt for the lumbar support.
3. Download some of your favorite music for the car.
4. Get lost in a great podcast series.
5. Download audiobooks of memoirs for a personal chat with your favorite celeb.
6. Make a detour for the scenic route.
8. Look up local restaurants instead of fast food.
9. Download an app to help find cheap gas and highway stops.
10. Screenshot directions if you're limited on space and can't download the full map.
11. Don't be afraid to veer away from your itinerary.
All images via Getty unless noted otherwise.