We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Scrub Daddy that's as cute as it is useful — plus: how could you not be happy looking at this smiling face?! This high-tech tool becomes a firm sponge under cold water and a soft scrubber under hot water. And it stays odor-free for eight weeks unlike traditional sponges.
If these sound familiar, it's because they've been featured on Shark Tank!
Promising review: "I don't have a dishwasher and have used so many products full of promise. THIS however, cleans better than anything I've ever used. Goes from scrubbing glass to pans with ease. Gets to the grease, lipstick, baked on junk, all of it and so easy, no elbow grease required. Does not scratch and rinses clean without much effort. I'm a customer for life! I've used the pictured sponge (left) for three weeks and it's still going strong." —Denice
Get a set of six from Amazon for $22.99.
2. Puffer fish dryer balls so darling, you won't mind that you're putting your fourth load of laundry in for the day. These reusable guys will reduce static and make your clothes softer.
Promising review: "While they may be a bit strange looking, these are a very smart purchase. Not only are they basically eternally useful, they're freaking adorable. I no longer have to buy dryer sheets, as these little fish are fantastic at removing static and lint from my clothes. Even after quite a bit of use, they are showing no wear and tear, nor are they becoming any less effective. My only extremely minor complaint is the initial noise level they generate when you start the dryer. And that's only because I'm too lazy to bury them in my clothes to avert such a situation, which you may be willing to do. For anyone who may be wondering, they are approximately the size of a small apple and they are not rock hard, but very firm. They don't squish easily and they retain their color exceptionally well. No need to worry about clothes being damaged or stained by these little fellas." —BecauseITry
Get two from Amazon for $14.95.
3. Or these wool dryer balls with quaint handmade sheep designs on them for another animal-themed, eco-friendly way to make your clothes feel fluffy.
Hustle and Blush is a woman-founded small business based in LA that creates ethically handmade goods.
Promising review: "I love my wool dryer balls! Not only are they an adorable design, they actually work! I wasn’t sure how fluffy my towels would be or if I would experience static electricity. Excellent outcome and great for the environment!" —Shonda M.
4. A crumb-sweeping bug that'll chomp up all the debris that can accumulate on your desk. When you're not using it, just pretend it's your little coworker companion cheering you on as you finish your workday.
Promising review: "It's pretty good! It will suck up stuff but it's not super intense (ie. it can't dust your desk). It sucks up big stuff like crumbs and eraser shavings but for smaller stuff like sand or dust you have to give it some time. Good for desks though because I eat and exist at my desk." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $10.88 (available in four designs).
5. A sponge bed to add a little whimsy to your kitchen sink. Try not to chuckle as you tuck your hard-working sponge in for some much-needed rest after a tough dishwashing shift.
Promising review: "The moment I opened the package and saw my new sponge resting peacefully upon its little sponge bed, my heart fluttered. I had no idea a sponge could look so cute and vulnerable while simultaneously giving off such a proprietary air of strength and dominance. This bed raises the sponge to a new level. Literally. It equips even the most basic sponges with adorability and humor, but more than that, the bed represents a crowning of heightened status in the kitchen. To current sponges, it’s an achievement and a privilege. To future sponges, it’s an aspiration, a goal to look forward to. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I think in some way this bed is a gesture of my respect and appreciation... it’s like saying, 'hey, I see you. You do good work.' and I think that’s beautiful." —Alissa
6. A pet grooming glove with 255 silicone grooming tips that pick up all the loose hair in your pet's coat. Not only will you get to spend some quality time petting your furry friend, your dog will paws-itively love getting a 'lil massage from the bristles!
Promising review: "I have a 4-month-old husky pup (Sasha) who just started shedding. These grooming gloves are the perfect solution! My puppy would sit and let you scratch her all day if you had the time! I can sit and wipe her down and 'scratch/pet' her with the gloves on and she can't get enough of it! It is a win-win scenario. The gloves are super easy to clean too. I initially made the mistake of trying to pull all of the hair off, which doesn't work well since it is obviously meant to hold on to the hair. Instead, rub the gloves together like you are trying to warm your hands and the hair will quickly ball up and fall off into the trashcan!" –IT Guy
Get a pair of gloves from Amazon for $13.99.
7. Or a rubber squeegee brush capable of lifting up so much pet hair you didn't even know was trapped within your carpet. You'll feel like a magician as you accumulate a HUGE clump of hair that you thought your vacuum had already picked up.
Reviewers suggest using short, quick strokes over your carpet or rug to get the most pet hair out. This broom also works great for collecting pet hair on hardwood floors as the rubber bristles work like a magnet to gather all the hair in one big clump.
Promising review: "Didn’t expect much, just bought this on a whim because on of those 'Things from Amazon that actually work' articles you see on social media. Well, I can say that it actually worked perfectly! I thought my carpet was clean because I have a full-size 'pet' vacuum, but I can tell that this broom is the only thing able to get deep enough and pull all that hair and dirt out of the fibers. Even works better on my tile floors than a regular broom. It doesn’t kick up dust particles or leave them behind. Also, I feel you can use this instead of your mop since it also has a squeegee and can be cleaned just by rinsing it. So you get a twofer with this." —Nelio
Get it from Amazon for $12.44.
8. A water-resistant apron dress that will make you feel like you're Cinderella as you sweep the floors and dust the shelves. Magical singing animal helpers not included.
DL Awesome Living is a small business based in Vancouver, Canada that specializes in making handmade aprons and home accessories.
Promising review: "I needed an apron for both gardening and housework and this water resistant apron is for all the things. I love it so much. I feel so beautiful and feminine. It’s so very well made!!" —Denise Andrade-Kroon
9. A whale shampoo rinser because bathtime with your kid can sometimes be the most daunting chore on your list, and this helpful rinser will help you and your little one have a whale of a time.
Promising review: "I'm really happy with this scoop. It holds a great amount of water and is easy to hold itself. It's nice and bright with fun colors that always make my son smile. It makes bath time a lot easier. He still gets water in his face but he is a baby and does wiggle so that isn't the fault of the product. I'm overall really happy with this product." —Amy
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
10. A cute magnetic chore chart that will make you feel like a kid again as you check off each task you complete. No, your mom won't give you a sticker once you're done washing the dishes, but you're an adult now! You make the rules! Reward yourself with a sweet treat or a 30-minute break to catch up on reality TV.
Includes a magnetic chore chart and liquid chalk markers. Note that the magnet doesn't work on most stainless steel.
Promising review: "I love this chore chart! I use it as a combo chore/behavior chart. It’s easy to personalize because it’s a blank chart. I love that I can set the points and the reward up myself. It’s great having the option for daily and weekly tasks. The magnet is huge and sticks easily. I’ve tried so many different types and this is the only one that fits our family and works well. I’ve showed all my friends. This is my favorite purchase all summer — and I’ve made a lot!" —MrsDavis123
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in 15 designs).
11. A pair of rubber gloves with built-in scrubbing bristles that make washing dishes so much less miserable than usual. Seriously — you'll feel like a mean lean scrubbing machine as you tackle dried pieces of food with ease.
These'll last longer and stay cleaner than your traditional sponge.
Promising review: "I can’t say enough good things about these gloves! I was so excited about them them. Once I got them, I put them to the test! And let me tell you, they didn’t disappoint! They’re as they say they are. They’re well made. Very durable. Thicker than I expected even. The little scrubbers on them are just awesome! I had my water only on hot and my hands were so comfortable with the heat. Could feel the water temperature but it wasn’t too hot! And my water can get pretty hot. So, I highly recommend these gloves. I used them for my dishes and they worked wonders on that stuck on stuff! I think there’s MANY more things these bad boys could do! I’m excited to see what else they can scrub." —Sara S.
Get a pair of gloves from Amazon for $8.99.
12. A garbage disposal cleaner that might just be the most satisfying, mesmerizing cleaning supply on this list. Just shove one of the packets down there, turn on your disposal, and watch in amazement as the cleaner foams up and chomps away all the grunge.
When using, make sure to put the entire packet down the drain aka don't open it! The packet is made out of biodegradable material.
Promising review: "We purchased a house in August 2019 and I've noticed that the garage disposal wasn't smelling great. Kept forgetting to do something about it until recently. I purchased these because they seemed to be a good value. I followed the easy directions and was not prepared for the amount of gunk the blue foam pushed out of both sinks. It was gross! After the blue foam died down, I cleaned my sinks and they smelled much better. Almost wanted to do it again, but I'll wait a bit. Highly recommended!" —Sissy39
Get 8 uses from Amazon for $10.01.
13. A water pressure cleaner even the biggest chore avoiders will enjoy using. You'll find it so satisfying to see the dark wood on your patio, desk, or fence literally change color before your eyes as you use it.
Promising review: "I love you, little electric pressure washer! Oh let me count the ways...I honestly can't say enough good things about this little guy. Our deck was in serious need of a wash. I really liked the idea of a small electric pressure washer mainly for the ease of maneuverability but was unsure if it really had the power to get the job done. Oh man, let me tell you this thing is fantastic! Once I got started I couldn't stop. I was washing everything in sight. Deck, fire pit, stepping stones, planters, outside rug.....I was unstoppable! I was a filthy mess from the thighs down because of all the muck flying everywhere but I didn't care, I was happy as a lark." —Larry Crouch
Get it from Amazon for $139.99 (available in three colors).
14. An Angry Mama microwave cleaner to finally get rid of all those food splashes that are covering your microwave right now and making it look like a Jackson Pollock painting. You'll get a good laugh in as you watch the steam shooting out of this little figurine's head, and it's about 10 times easier to use than trying to scrub all those dried pieces of food yourself.
To use, remove the head, add water, and vinegar, then microwave for about seven minutes. It softens the food particles so you wipe them away easily. You can also add a squeeze of lemon juice to the water/vinegar mixture to freshen up and get rid of the microwave odors that build up.
Promising review: "Used this for the first time today — it works! I didn’t see a plume of steam as I anticipated, but nonetheless, it broke up all the grease and speckles left in the microwave and afterward it all wiped away with ease. I did as recommended on the box and added a little vinegar and lemon to the water. I think this made a solid difference and this will be a household staple for our microwave cleaning." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.88+ (available in three colors).
15. A natural glass cleaner for the weeks "clean windows and mirrors" pops up on your to-do list. You'll actually look forward to completing this task because it has a fantastic lime smell that will leave you feeling like you live in the middle of a lime tree grove in full bloom.
Butter Me Up Organics is a zero-waste small business based in Livermore, California specializing in organic, handcrafted bath, body, and cleaning products that use ingredients from ethical and sustainable sources.
Promising review: "This is great! Took it straight out of the package and started cleaning my sliding door! Cleans very well! Thank you!" —Surishae Co
16. A Dyson V15 Detect cordless vacuum with a built-in laser feature so you can suck up every last speck of dirt while also pretending your vacuum is actually a lightsaber. May the force be with you during your cleaning endeavors, young Jedi.
Promising review: "We purchased the Dyson V8 animal initially, hated it, and returned it. We bought this one as a last chance for Dyson and fell in love. My husband has now morphed into Danny Tanner from the '90s sitcom Full House and vacuuming has become his passion. We have a 3-year-old and an 8-month-old and hardwood floors, so it’s important for us to do quick cleaning intermittently during the day, the eco mode on this model is also quiet enough to use during nap time without waking the kids. It’s perfect for our cleaning needs, battery life is great, completely a win!" —Haley
Get it from Target for $699.99.
17. Mop slippers you can slide on over your shoes so you can literally dance all over your room and still get your cleaning done. Sounds like a win to me!
Promising review: "I loved the fact I could put these on my feet and clean my hard wood floors easily without breaking my arms like I do with the handheld mops. AND they polish the floors so much better than anything else I’ve used! I use the Bruce floor cleaning spray and then slide/dance across the floor to polish. Another perk, you get a great workout from it!!" —B dunn
Get a pack of 10 from Amazon for $11.35.
18. Rubbermaid's power scrubbing brush that removes even the most hard-to-reach, stuck-on crud from every inch of tile grout or shower door track. Plus: this oddly entertaining motorized tool will take the pain and suffering out of scrubbing grout yourself.
Promising review: "Last night I was reborn. What is the cause of this renewed zest for life, you might ask? It was the use of the Rubbermaid Reveal Power Scrubber on my shower grout. It elevated a simple baking soda-and-water solution to alchemical proportions. My pink-tiled shower, the one that came with my scummy apartment, the one that never looks clean no matter how many hours of backbreaking labor I put in, now looks bright, clean, and full of promise. An otherwise disgusting and dated purely utilitarian part of my home is now art. TL;DR: This is absolutely incredible." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
Check out our full Rubbermaid Power Scrubber review.
19. Or this drill brush attachment for even bigger jobs, like cleaning caked-on stains and soap scum on your shower door, tiles, and floor. You'll feel so powerful as you blast all that grime away!
This kit includes three nylon power brushes that'll fit on any cordless drill.
Promising review: "These brushes worked flawlessly. I have a 24-year-old home that has not been remodeled yet. The master bath shower tile and fiberglass shower pan were in pretty bad shape. We tried many types of cleaners to remove residual soap and hard water stains with little success. As a last ditch effort, I purchased these brushes. They worked amazingly well. Using Krud Kutter and these brushes removed every bit of the dirt and polished those tiles so that they shined brilliantly like they did when they were new. I am completely satisfied with my purchase of these brushes. They are well-made and held up beautifully to the forces I applied while using them." —Tom S4TX
Get it from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in five styles).
20. A 20-pack of cleaning erasers with the power to transform your mood from "UGH" to "WOW" when you realize how well it works at removing your child's masterpiece that's covering your wall. Here's to hoping next time they'll stick to their coloring books...
Promising review: "These babies have transformed and reformed my slobby life. My dog sitter thought I got a new sink and fridge. I have never had more fun cleaning in my life — wait, I have never had any fun cleaning. But these magical creatures make it so freaking satisfying. No toxic stuff. No fumes. Just heavenly cleanliness." —Jimmy Jim Ereeno
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $9.95.
21. A sock organizer that will make you feel like you're putting together a sock garland to celebrate how easy doing chores is now. Just clip all your socks onto this *before* throwing them into the washing machine, and you'll actually be able to find each sock's partner when you're sorting your dried clothes.
Promising review: "These work. They are of good quality construction. I had a sock problem, and these have stopped the unexplained disappearance of socks. Obviously, the sock monster can't swallow the Sock Dock full of socks, only single socks." —A.D. Burnette
Get it from Amazon for $16 (available in five colors).