* If you’re super busy, it’s only 30 minutes.
* If you hate cardio with a burning passion, it’s only 30 minutes.
* If you’re injury-prone, it’s easy on the body. (I have really bad knees, but I didn’t experience any pain during or after these workouts.)
* If you’re competitive, you can use each workout to try to beat your previous step counts (or even eyeball other people’s machines and try to outdo theirs).
* The Rise Nation workouts also motivated me to eat more nutritious foods before class, so I'd feel well enough to perform during them, AND after class, so I wouldn't waste all of the hard work on empty calories.