25 Sustainable Products That'll Help You Save Money And Reduce Trash
Who said living responsibly wasn't convenient?
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An eco-friendly bidet to cut down on toilet paper by washing away um, debris. If your nether regions are sensitive, they'll love this booty shower.
2. A set of wool dryer balls that'll dry your clothes more quickly and cut down on waste, since you won't need dryer sheets.
3. A steam microwave cleaner to disinfect your microwave and soften caked-on food in just seven minutes — without toxic chemicals. You won't have to waste a bunch of paper towels or Clorox wipes trying to scrub it down.
4. An assorted variety pack of compostable coffee pods because it's unreasonable to expect productivity without coffee, right? Thought so. Might as well try to be as environmentally conscious as possible.
5. A gentle toner to rebalance and hydrate your face after you've compromised your moisture barrier with harsh exfoliants and astringents. When you're done, recycle the bottle for 15% off of your next BeautyStrike purchase.
6. A pack of 12 reusable straws because the paper ones just aren't cutting it, I'm sorry. Nobody wants their straw to collapse mid-drink.
7. A pint of decadent, dairy-free chocolate ice cream for those adhering to a vegan or plant-based lifestyle. I'm lactose intolerant and this is so tasty, it might deliver me from the clutches of Häagen-Dazs for good.
8. A set of biodegradable, compostable sponges for anyone who never thought about the fate of their sponge after they threw it away. It's made of plant-based fibers that perform just as well as any other sponge.
9. A moisturizing sunscreen that you can buy refills for less $$$. This way you can avoid spending extra on new packaging and reduce waste.
10. A pair of bamboo charcoal bags because there's nothing more embarrassing than taking your shoes off and hearing someone ask, "What's that smell?" Now, you won't have to run the washer just to get that stench out.
11. A paraben-free, eco-friendly detergent to smack the smell out of the most pungent laundry, like period panties. Usually, I launder my whites twice but this got them clean in one wash to save energy 💰.
12. A reusable tote bag for paying homage to pioneering Black feminist writers while you shop or study.
13. A pair of period-proof underwear to get you one cycle closer to achieving a zero-waste lifestyle. Stop wasting money on disposable, feminine products and wear these leak-proof lifesavers instead.
14. A Nest New York reed diffuser that smells so good, and lasts up to 90 days. Stop throwing money at disposable, spray air fresheners and refill this one for nearly half the price — and less waste.
15. Or a reusable glass candle because it's the ultimate floral scented candle and will 100% set the tone for a room. It ships in biodegradable packaging and the candle jar is meant to be repurposed.
16. A vegan floss pick for anyone who hates playing with conventional string floss. Most floss picks are plastic, but this one is made of cornstarch.
17. A set of durable biodegradable hair ties because they always disappear 🤪. Now you can rest easy knowing they'll fully decompose, no matter where they end up.
18. A sleek compost bin designed to live next door to your kitchen sink so you can dispose of food more responsibly. It comes with a lid so you won't smell a difference.
19. A set of see-through mesh produce bags to save you the embarrassment of failing to dispense the plastic ones at the grocery store in a timely fashion.
20. A non-toxic, reusable Diva Cup to safely collect blood for up to 12 hours. It won't leak or smell either, I forget I'm wearing mine half the time.
21. A set of reusable swabs that get the job done without all the litter. Nobody really wants to see those used cotton swabs in the garbage can anyways.
22. A multi-purpose cleaning kit so you can replace your favorite store brand cleaner that's riduclously hard to find these days. It uses included salt and vinegar capsules, tap water, and electricity to kill 99.9% of germs.
23. A pack of toothpaste tablets to avoid going to extremes just to squeeze the last drop of product out of that annoying tube. These come with a reusable tin you'll never have to buy (or throw away) again.
25. And a sustainably packaged natural deodorant for keeping the stench at bay with the fragrant scent of grapefruit and cardamom.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.