8. Whoever comes up with their product names should seriously consider competing at Punderdome.
22. Why so nice? Probably because Trader Joe’s pays staff members really well. Another plus.
According to this 2010 CNN Money article, Trader Joe’s full-time crew members (the people that stock the shelves, ring up and bag groceries, and help customers in the aisles) can earn starting salaries between $40,000-$60,000 a year with benefits. Also, “Trader Joe’s annually contributes 15.4% of employees’ gross income to tax-deferred retirement accounts. By industry standards, that is A LOT.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.