2. UK-based clothing brand ASOS recently launched their first-ever plus-size collection for men (7 years after their women’s plus-size line!), and damn, it’s filled with some seriously cool streetwear staples.
ASOS’ collection ranges from XL to 4XL and includes casual-cool pieces (like tees and joggers) and trendy workwear (like button-up shirts and trousers) in an assortment of plus-size brands.
3. So, four plus-size guys who are always on the lookout for more trendy pieces above a size XL decided to try out the line for themselves. Here’s how it went down:
Pablo’s typical sizes: Shirts, XL; jackets, XL; and pants, 40.
Pablo’s thoughts on the collection: “I know it’s dramatic to say that this shoot changed how I see fashion, but what the hell, I love a little drama. Seeing myself in this outfit honestly opened my eyes to a world of opportunities that I thought weren’t possible for me before. Since gaining a bit of weight in recent years, I thought the only option for me was to make choices that hide my body, not show it off. I’m glad this outfit taught me otherwise. Also, I felt like a bad-ass bitch.”
Nick’s typical sizes: Shirts, XL; jackets, XL; and pants, 38.
Nick’s thoughts on the collection: “I felt really confident in the final look, which was a surprise. I’m used to using structured, tailored pieces to give the illusion of having a more traditional masculine shape, so wearing something with a less of a defined silhouette was definitely a departure for me. I actually liked the jacket so much I bought it! It’s great knowing that there is an online retailer whose sizing isn’t way too small for me as a lot have been in the past. It’s really liberating for me to feel like I can pull off a more relaxed style.”
Chris’ typical sizes: Shirts, L; jackets, L/XL; and pants, 36/38.
Chris’ thoughts on the collection: “I love the fit of my ASOS look even though the sizing was off for me. Overall, I think the color and style are up to date with what’s in now, but I would like to more work on the fit. My jeans fit amazing but were tagged as a 40, and I typically wear a 36/38.”
Troy’s regular sizes: Shirts, 2X/3X; jackets, 2X/3X; and pants, 42.
Troy’s thoughts on the collection: “I LOVED my final look. It’s super on-trend and bold. I feel confident and stylish — two things ASOS has always been able to make me feel, and I’m so glad they’re continuing to do that with this ASOS Plus collection!”
- Republicans have presented a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling a signature Trump campaign promise.
- President Trump has signed an executive order asking for a review all national monument designations since 1996, calling them into question.
- Venezuelans are turning to crowdfunding platforms to raise enough money so they can leave the country amid political unrest.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲