Response to Why Do You Use Birth Control?:
I have a somewhat rare genetic mutation called BRCA2 that puts me at very high risk for breast and ovarian cancer. Hormonal birth control lowers my risk for ovarian cancer (which is difficult to screen for and catch early) and basically keeps me alive. I used to be on the pill, but since my birth control became free I was able to switch to Nuvaring which works better for me and I love it with all my heart. Since I’m only 21 and will be off my parents’ insurance soon, I’m getting a hormonal IUD while it’s still affordable to make sure I don’t have to worry about having access to affordable, literally life saving medication no matter where I am for the next few years.
- chrisg4405c7407 "These Are 15 Things Every Grown-Ass W..."
- chrisg4405c7407 "What It Felt Like To Lose My Hair Fro..."
- chrisg4405c7407 "Sadness And The Woman Who Voices Her ..."
- chrisg4405c7407 "Tracee Ellis Ross Spills The Tea On E..."
- chrisg4405c7407 "This Mom Made A Natural Hair Doll To ..."
- chrisg4405c7407 "This Couple Perfectly Demonstrates Ho..."
- chrisg4405c7407 "39 Photos Of Black Graduates Guarante..."
- chrisg4405c7407 "My Boyfriend Loves Fat Women"