1. The starting line, where between the nerves, music and cheers, you feel like you can fly.
2. Inspirational sportsmanship
The elite runner on the right passed her water to the dehydrated runner on the left, whom she saw was suffering through the race. She was on pace to finish first, winning $10,000 in prize money but because of her act of kindness, she finished 2n instead. A true marathoner.
Until you remember you’ll have to go back UP at some point.
(But in this case you’d be on the Great Wall of China and knowing that helps fuel you for a few more miles)
8. People showing their patriotism by holding their flag high the ENTIRE time.
9. Runners showing their support of a united world by holding MULTIPLE flags throughout the race.
Ilie Rosu carried a Romanian flag along with the flag of the country he was running in (in this case, Greece) throughout the race to advocate for unity and peace between nations.
12. If you’re on a route that loops back, seeing the first runner to lap you.
This sounds like it would be defeating, but everyone cheering for the crazy fast runner of the pack as he runs back towards the finish line is enthralling, both for the support and the amazement that any human could run so freakin’ fast.
14. Support from bad-asses.
23. Because this relief is extreme and unbelievable.
28. Your fellow runners who remind you that you’re all in this together.
29. Supporters lending their super powers on your last mile!
Even if you think your arms can’t move anymore, this pose is automatic.
BECAUSE YOU ARE A CHAMPION.
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀