34 Toys Your Preschooler Will Actually Play With
When it comes to the 3–5-year-old little legends in your life, we've got you covered.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Learning Resources Gears! Gears! Gears! 150-Piece Building Set if you're looking for building toys that aren’t Legos (but will keep them busy for hours!)
2. A marble run set to provide endless possibilities to build creative structures — all while developing their problem-solving skills. They'll be ~ah-mazed~ at the results when the marbles roll through the mazes they create.
3. A rechargeable kids karaoke microphone that'll connect to their phone via Bluetooth so pint-sized rock stars can sing along with their fave songs from apps like Spotify or YouTube. The best part? There are 30 preloaded Motown hits.
4. Or a sensory swing designed with an extra spring, allowing bouncing up and down in addition to swinging — ideal for endless aerial acrobatic fun. Do they make an adult version?
5. A sight word Bingo game; if you've ever asked yourself, "How do I take the frustration out of learning sight words and make it FUN?" then this game is for you.
6. A pack of parachute toys ingeniously designed not to tangle despite being tossed excitedly from the top of the stairs or a balcony over and over.
7. Air Hogs Super Soft Jump Fury, a beyond-cool remote car that jumps up to 22 inches high but lands super soft — meaning it'll keep kids enthralled with its epic jumping action without damaging walls or furniture.
8. A wooden puzzle equivalent to playing Tetris but in tactile form that'll ~exercise their brain~ without any screentime.
9. A rainbow puzzle ball where the end *goal* is to match all eleven balls to their corresponding color rings by pressing and sliding the balls through the open slots. Basically, a heck of a workout for your kids' brains and hands.
10. A Magna-Tiles set because studies have shown it'll hold any kid's attention wayyyy longer than most toys. JK, but seriously, this cool building set deserves a gold medal for being the most played with toy in our house.
11. A scratch paper art set that'll make you nostalgic for your childhood when nothing was more satisfying than drawing on the surface to reveal the rainbow colors underneath.
12. A sturdy fort-building kit to *seriously upgrade* the forts the kiddos are currently fashioning out of living room throws, pillows, and furniture. It will allow future architects to use their imagination to construct forts, castles, tunnels, and even igloos — creativity is their ~forte~.
13. A child-safe wooden knife so your sous chefs can enjoy helping in the kitchen without needing to worry about hurt fingers.
14. A pack of Lucky Fortune collectible bracelets for the child who loves surprise toys. These come with four individually wrapped fortune cookies. Crack 'em open to reveal an adjustable surprise bracelet with a charm and a paper fortune.
15. A battery-free race track to put their fine motor skills to the test while they figure out how to get the car through the obstacles by using levers and buttons. The coolest part? There's a magnetic helicopter waiting to pick up the vehicles.
16. A Melissa & Doug activity book with a pair of safe scissors to channel their (ahem, destructive) energy into a creative activity.
17. And a classic Melissa & Doug ice cream station to *serve* up many delicious opportunities for pretend play for your little one, who will never tire of asking "what kind of ice cream do you want?" in an adorably serious voice.
18. A Wiwiurka triangular rope ladder you can hang from the ceiling or a tree branch to provide endless opportunities to swing, do acrobatics, or yell: "I'm taking off in the spaceship!"
19. A Stomp Rocket launcher, because they'll have such a *blast* as they jump on the launchpad, countdown to liftoff, and watch the rockets shoot up to 200 feet high into the air.
20. A construction-themed folding play set that contains kinetic sand, a dump truck toy, and a working crane with wrecking ball and bucket attachments so they can dig, build, and crush to their heart's content without making a colossal mess indoors.
21. A Hot Wheels garage capable of parking more than 100 cars and has a racetrack — BUT watch out for the hungry T. rex looking to devour the cars. Heck yes, adding to cart now.
22. A set of Crayola Scribble Scrubbie pets that can be reused over and over again (unlike one-and-done sets). This will keep budding artists busy coloring the cute pets, scrubbing them, and coloring all over again.
23. An LCD writing tablet to encourage future Einsteins to practice their numbers and letters. They might even consider trading their iPad for this cool gadget.
24. A pack of Crayola Globbles so your mini whirlwinds can run around the house hurling these sticky globs at the wall or ceiling. Don't panic, parents, reviewers say they don't leave a sticky residue.
25. Banzai Bump N' Bounce Body Bumpers for impromptu battles in the yard or living room that'll elicit nonstop silliness and laughs.
26. A flower building activity set — a STEM-based toy (literally and figuratively) to make the imagination of horticultural enthusiasts blossom while creating bouquets and gardens.
27. A personalized critter case to accompany you and your Curious George on backyard adventures so you can study fascinating critters up close — before returning them to their natural habitat.
28. A globe that connects to your tablet or smartphone to take little explorers on virtual trips. Before you know it, they'll be spewing fun facts about this fascinating world we live in.
29. A necklace activity set (under $15) so mini style mavens can mix and match colorful beads, necklaces and character charms to create their own chic bling. It'll make any child feel like true royalty.
30. A rainbow-colored saucer swing guaranteed to add a pop of color to any room and become the kiddo's fave ~hangout~ spot in the playroom or yard.
31. A talking microscope for a peek inside nature. It comes with slides that you place under the microscope, then the microscope tells you fact about critters, plants, and more!
32. A two-pack of super-cool foam gliders capable of doing loop the loops and flying at night thanks to LED lights. These will have the kiddos eagerly running back and forth as they launch and retrieve them.
33. A foam pogo jumper far safer that the good ol' pogo stick, with a sturdy foam base to stand on, so little hurricanes can burn off their energy hopping from room to room as grown-ups secretly wait their turn.
34. The Nugget foam play couch, equal parts furniture and toy and universally loved by parents for entertaining the kids indoors. They won't stop building forts and obstacle courses...any time soon.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.