30 Things To Immediately Upgrade Your Kid's Room
A faux wood stool, a viral TikTok galaxy projects, a talking world map poster and more awesome additions.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A nature-inspired tree trunk stool that looks so realistic no one will believe it's actually ~a storage bin in disguise~. Plus, it can hold kids or adults up to 220 lbs. Are you as *stumped* as I am by this clever invention?
Promising review: "I was very pleased with this stool. It actually looks very good in person, just like the picture. Goes great with my son's treehouse theme in the playroom. He and his older cousins use it for a table more than they do to sit on, because it does sit up pretty tall (and he's over 3 feet tall). It stores A LOT; right now we have several Melissa & Doug dress-up costumes in ours. It's also very sturdy as a stool, I can sit on it without issue. However, the way you put it together is with a plastic ring in the top that is easy to take out, so if you have a young one who likes to take things apart, like me, you'll be putting this back together frequently, which is annoying." —Olivia
Get it from Amazon for $38 (available in 15 styles).
2. A viral TikTok galaxy projector for emanating dreamy cosmic vibes and to make the kids feel like they're camping under the stars.
3. A touch-activated talking world map poster packed with 1,000 facts and quizzes to introduce the little geniuses to geography. Before you know it, they'll be spewing fun facts about this fascinating world we live in.
4. A rainbow-colored saucer swing guaranteed to add swirling pops of color and become your child's fave ~hangout~.
5. Or a sensory swing designed with an extra spring, allowing bouncing up and down in addition to swinging — ideal for endless aerial acrobatic fun. Do they make an adult version?
6. An inexpensive Pop2Play foldable indoor slide that LITERALLY pops up in minutes to instantly turn any room into a playground when it's raining outside. Plus, it folds down flat for easy storage once playtime's over.
7. A Melissa & Doug magnetic calendar to teach your preschooler the days of the week, months and the weather in a hands-on, interactive way. They'll jump out of bed eagerly to update it every morning.
8. A canvas growth chart so you can keep track of your munchkin's height (who is growing up waayyy too fast 😢). Reviewers love that it can be rolled up and stored away as a cute keepsake.
9. An adorable, inflatable unicorn ride-on boasting a washable plush cover that'll have little dudes and divas looking so precious, they'll melt your heart as they bounce around the house on it.
10. And a unicorn beanbag cover to save you from D-R-O-W-N-I-N-G in a sea of stuffed animals. Now you can *sprinkle magic dust* (aka stash plushies inside) to make 'em disappear and create ~cute as can be seating~ for the kiddos.
Promising review: "We love the pink unicorn. We managed to fit 30+ medium sized stuffies and we still have room for more. It’s pretty comfortable but heavy when full. I do wish there were two handles instead of one, on the sides of it for easier and supportive lifting. Material itself is very soft and thick. I would recommend this to all the parents out there who are stressing over stuffed animal storage. I will be ordering more for birthday and Christmas gifts because this is a great product.."—Flautas
Get it from Amazon for $28.99 (available in 12 styles and two sizes).
11. A cat-shaped night light because every kiddo deserves a *purrfectly* cute bedside pet. Bonus: This one won't throw shade — quite the opposite.
12. A pack of glow-in-the-dark dinosaur decals for bringing Jurassic Park to life on the walls. Reviewers say they only glow beautifully in the dark, but are vibrant during the day as well.
13. Sturdy and stretchy toy hammocks to corral their ever-growing collection of Squishmallows — while adding a dose of cuteness to a corner wall. A win-win.
14. A heartfelt Winnie the Pooh vintage-style art print that'll serve up nostalgia and a nugget of wisdom to inspire you to cherish the day.
De Woozles is a small business based in Poland and sells children's classic posters, illustrations, and art prints.
Promising review: "Beautiful. Love it. Using for my granddaughter's room. Arrived in excellent shape. My second order." —Deborah O Keeter
15. A pack of oddly shaped wooden stacking stones to challenge your little one's motor skills while they figure out how to pile and balance them. Not to mention these will add any earthy aesthetic to any coffee table.
16. A 3-in-1 rocket ship tunnel, and ball pit for transforming any room into an out-of-galaxy play zone, where little whirlwinds can have a blast crawling, exploring, and of course flinging balls all over the place *sigh*.
17. A large castle tent with sheer drapes and starry lights for an enchanting hideaway that'll impress even the most hard-to-impress princess on your list.
18. A 360-degree-rotating 3-in-1 LED globe, constellation map, and night light that makes it possible to explore the world and star gaze from the bedroom.
19. A Lily & River foldable wood climbing triangle to not only keep your toddler from climbing everything but also to ensure they're all tuckered out after a chilly day spent indoors.
20. A pack of laminated math posters you can hang up on the wall to make homework visually engaging (and a lot less painful). Perfect for elementary through middle school ages.
21. A carpet play mat with a nonslip latex backing designed to look like a mini city so you and your little bud can race your Hot Wheels for hours — all while learning about different buildings around town like the school, fire station, hospital, and more!
Promising review: "It's decently large, and I bought two for both of my sons rooms. I've only put one out so far as we are still 'remodeling' my youngest son's room, but the boys were thrilled with the first. I like that it's an actual carpet and I can vacuum it and spot treat when necessary. So far I'm very pleased with this play mat!" —Faith Brown
Get it from Amazon for $22.49.
22. A blob seal pillow that'll stare you down with its grumpy face, making your entire family alternate between fits of giggles and an inexplicable need to cuddle it.
Promising review: "Love, love, love this plush! So soft and squishy. Bought the largest one for my 3-year-old nephew. Once my 14- and 16-year-old kids saw how cute it was, they both wanted one. Can easily be used as a pillow because it is so large. It arrives compressed in shrink wrap so it can be mailed in a smaller box. It immediately puffs into its true size once the plastic is removed. Bought this on a lightning deal and couldn't be happier 👏👏👏"—LoriAnnR
Promising review: "I showed my 10-year-old daughter a picture of the chubby blob seal and from that second on she had to have one. Seriously, it was all she wanted for her birthday. iPad? Nope......chubby blob seal. Xbox? Nope..........chubby blob seal. So, that is what I got her. She absolutely loves that thing and takes it to bed every night." —Big Tron
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in three sizes).
23. A neutral play tent because it will blend into any decor and comes with all the fixin's, so the kiddos can have their own ~glamping~ experience, whenever they need a little pretend getaway.
24. A Wiwiurka triangular rope ladder you can hang from the ceiling to provide endless opportunities to swing, do acrobatics, or yell: "I'm taking off in the spaceship!"
25. Marquee letter lights to bring some major glitz to a room. Little dudes and divas will ~glow different~ when they see their name all glammed up.
Promising review: "Use them for my daughter's play area and everybody loves them. We bought rechargeable batteries. One battery charge lasts at least three weeks so we don’t have to take the letters down overnight. We just leave them running." —Nina Redzovic
Get them from Amazon for $9.98 each (available in letters A–Z and numbers 0–9).
26. A minimal foam play mat because kid-friendly floors don't have to be a total eyesore. Honestly, I wouldn't blame you for trading your trendy rug for this mat in ~grown-up~ areas.
27. A plush round shag rug with 10,000 5-star reviews (!!!) that gives off luxe vibes at a fraction of the cost *and* offers a cozy backdrop for photoshoots with your babies or, you know, lounging with your fur babies.
Promising review: "Love love love this rug. It’s a beautiful color, extremely soft, and has a cushioned bottom so it’s comfy to lay on. It vacuums easily and fluffs up like new. No shedding or fraying anywhere. My daughter loves it and uses it daily. Even with the dogs it’s holding up great." —mycoley
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in three sizes and 16 colors).
28. A DIY rock climbing wall set to take playtime ~up a notch~ and challenge the kiddos to get off the couch and scale new heights.
29. A sleep-training alarm clock that uses colors and stinkin' cute *facial expressions* to teach the kiddos when it's time for bed and time to wake up. (Does it make a grumpy face if they hop out of bed at 5 a.m.? Asking for a friend.)
30. The Nugget foam play couch, equal parts furniture and toy and universally loved by parents for entertaining the kids indoors. They won't stop building forts and obstacle courses...anytime soon.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.