1. Norwegian Lundehund (Non-Sporting Group)
The Norwegian Lundehund or Puffin Dog is a small Spitz-type dog from Norway that has been bred for centuries to hunt puffins. They have at least six toes on each foot for stability when hunting and retrieving on cliffs. Lundehunds have a double coat featuring a protective wiry outer layer and a soft insulating downy layer. They are usually reddish-brown, often with white collar and feet and a white tip on the tail.
2. Xoloitzcuintli (Non-Sporting Group)
The Xoloitzcuintli, pronounced “show-low-eetz-kwent-lee” or “show-low” as it is commonly called, is the national dog of Mexico. Previously known as the Mexican Hairless, it comes in three sizes as well as a coated version. Like Poodles, the Standard, Miniature, and Toy varieties are all judged on the same standard. The breed originated over 400 years ago, when the Aztecs first honored them as guardians of the dead.
3. Entlebucher Mountain Dog (Herding Group)
The Entlebucher Mountain Dog is the smallest of the four Swiss breeds. A medium-sized working dog, they have a short, tri-colored coat with symmetrical markings. They are intelligent, independent dogs with a strong work ethic and herding instinct.
5. American English Coonhound (Hound Group)
Descended from English Foxhounds, the American English Coonhound was originally bred to hunt fox by day and raccoons by night. They are a versatile hunting and gun dog with a smooth coat of medium length that comes in a variety of colors and patterns. They are described as having an “excellent voice”, as a good hound dog should.
6. Cesky Terrier (Terrier Group)
The Cesky Terrier is a short legged, muscular terrier that was bred to hunt in packs. They have natural drop ears and a natural tail. The Cesky is longer than it is tall, and has a long, silky coat in shades of gray. Like many terriers, they are loyal to their owners but tend to be reserved towards strangers.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘