1. Norwegian Lundehund (Non-Sporting Group)
The Norwegian Lundehund or Puffin Dog is a small Spitz-type dog from Norway that has been bred for centuries to hunt puffins. They have at least six toes on each foot for stability when hunting and retrieving on cliffs. Lundehunds have a double coat featuring a protective wiry outer layer and a soft insulating downy layer. They are usually reddish-brown, often with white collar and feet and a white tip on the tail.
2. Xoloitzcuintli (Non-Sporting Group)
The Xoloitzcuintli, pronounced “show-low-eetz-kwent-lee” or “show-low” as it is commonly called, is the national dog of Mexico. Previously known as the Mexican Hairless, it comes in three sizes as well as a coated version. Like Poodles, the Standard, Miniature, and Toy varieties are all judged on the same standard. The breed originated over 400 years ago, when the Aztecs first honored them as guardians of the dead.
3. Entlebucher Mountain Dog (Herding Group)
The Entlebucher Mountain Dog is the smallest of the four Swiss breeds. A medium-sized working dog, they have a short, tri-colored coat with symmetrical markings. They are intelligent, independent dogs with a strong work ethic and herding instinct.
5. American English Coonhound (Hound Group)
Descended from English Foxhounds, the American English Coonhound was originally bred to hunt fox by day and raccoons by night. They are a versatile hunting and gun dog with a smooth coat of medium length that comes in a variety of colors and patterns. They are described as having an “excellent voice”, as a good hound dog should.
6. Cesky Terrier (Terrier Group)
The Cesky Terrier is a short legged, muscular terrier that was bred to hunt in packs. They have natural drop ears and a natural tail. The Cesky is longer than it is tall, and has a long, silky coat in shades of gray. Like many terriers, they are loyal to their owners but tend to be reserved towards strangers.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪