1. A total of 113 queens have competed on the show.
2. And none of them have a name beginning with Q, U, X, or Z.
3. Despite putting herself in the “bitter old lady brigade” Ginger Minj was actually 29 at the time of filming.
4. In a Tumblr post Willam accused the show of setting up her reunion comeback: “My reunion 'performance' was an orchestrated gig that took two hours of meetings behind closed doors and had a script. They told me they wanted an emotional moment even.”
5. Every RPDR winner has released music, except for Bianca Del Rio.
6. The queens walk the runway twice, once with music and once with the judges' commentary over it.
7. After Kandy Ho was eliminated, guest judge Ariana Grande went to the workroom to say goodbye to her.
8. The veteran who was partnered with Jinx Monsoon in Season 5 was also the audience member who fell asleep during Bianca Del Rio’s stand-up in Season 6.
9. The first season’s prizes were $20,000 courtesy of the V&S Group, top billing on Logo TV’s Drag Race Tour, an appearance in an advertising campaign for L.A. Eyeworks, a photo spread in Paper magazine, and a crown from Fierce Drag Jewels.
10. A proposal for a Drag Race Lego set has been put forward. RuPaul's Brick Race is an idea submitted to Lego Ideas and needs to reach 10,000 votes to get made.
11. The winners of Seasons 4, 5, and 6 have all sat in the same place in Snatch Game.
12. Tyra Sanchez, Bianca Del Rio, Violet Chachki all won without having to lip-synch for their lives.
13. When asked about his favourite moment Ru Paul said, “ I always think about Roxxxy's story when she revealed she was abandoned at a bus stop as a 4-year-old”..
14. Carmen Carrera lip-synched for her life three times and never sent anyone home.
16. For every episode that Tatianna competed in during RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars she either won or was eliminated.
17. Detox claims that she was pulled aside by producers and was asked to do Jinx Monsoon’s makeup. Detox admits that she did “give her a few pointers here and there”.
18. Ru sold the show in his very first pitch meeting.
19. Ru believes that Jimmy Fallon’s Lip Sync Battle is a ripoff of the show. In an interview with Vulture he said: “Regular, straight pop culture has liberally lifted things from gay culture as long as I can remember. And that's fine, because guess what? We have so much more where that comes from. Take it!”
20. The finale is filmed three times with each contestant filming their winning moment; they don’t find out the real winner until the show is aired. This is to keep the result from being leaked.
21. In 2014 Jonathan Ross said that he was working on a British version of Drag Race. The chat show host confessed: “I love drag and I love Meth – the performer – as well as Betty Bottom Dollar.”
22. In an interview with In Magazine, Willam accused the show of not providing vegetarian catering options: “Sharon subsided on bread dipped in ranch for a month while filming because her vegetarian food needs were never met.”
23. Willam has also admitted to stealing props from the set and was even drunk in the boat episode.
24. The queens are given iPods with all of the lip sync songs on them and a night or two before the main stage the contestants are told which song will be used. You can often see them listening to the music in the workroom.
25. Phi Phi O’Hara was supposed to be on All Stars Season 1 but she was arrested so could not take part.
26. Tammie Brown has accused Ru of being fed lines through an earpiece.
27. Before officially meeting, RuPaul and Michelle Visage would see each other at parties where Michelle would think, “Who is this crazy, seven-foot-tall, Afro-wearing, short-skirt, earing-crazy bitch?”
28. Sharon Needles got to film her entrance twice when her hat fell off.
29. After the Willam debacle, tape is put on the contestants’ hotel room doors so the producers know if they’ve left their rooms or not.
30. The premiere of Season 9 had a total of 987,000 viewers – this is the most viewed episode of Drag Race to date.
31. Pit crew member Bryce Eilenberg is also an aerospace engineer.
32. The contestants actually have no idea which other queens are competing before the show. They can't even open the blinds in their hotel rooms in case they see another queen.
33. While they're competing the queens aren't allowed to use their phones.
34. On 31 December 2016 Mimi Imfurst became the first American drag queen to perform in Cuba.
35. It takes Ru six hours to get ready for the show.
36. RuPaul won an Emmy for Outstanding Host of a Reality or Reality Competition Series in 2016. Although the show had been nominated for Outstanding Make-up for a Multi-Camera Series before, this was its first win.