We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A five-piece packing cube set, almost as cute as the outfits you'll pack inside of them. Using packing cubes maximizes every inch of space in your luggage. You could fit a week's worth of clothes in a carryon with no problem.
Promising review: "These packs are beautiful and the quality is much better than the cheap ones bought off Amaz*n." —Alicia L.
"I was definitely impressed with the quality of these packing cubes. The color is very sophisticated and works great with my other travel accessories. My search is over." —Pamela P.
Get it from Calpak for $68 (available in 14 colors).
2. A hands-free luggage drink caddy that'll keep your drink in tact while you're rushing to your next flight that's ~now boarding.~ They come in so many cute colors and styles that you're bound to find one that matches your carryon.
Promising review: "This is an amazing travel accessory! When are you trying to juggle your hot beverage with a water bottle, your phone, and a boarding pass, this is a handy, easily stash-able uni-tasker to have. Fits perfectly on my carry-on bag and larger rolling bags as well." —Pirate
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in 25 colors).
3. A Hitch bottle and cup — probably one of the best travel cups you can ask for. It's a full-size water bottle with a removable barista-approved cup. Both have lids and can be used separate or combined for easy travel. And, on top of all that, it'll still fit in your cup holder. It's sorcery 🪄.
Hitch is the small biz behind this amazing mug geared towards functionality but also sustainability.
Promising review: "I really like this bottle. The one handed use and the collapsible function of the cup is perfect for when you're always on the move. I use it everyday which has saved me money and cut down on waste. It seems durable and well made, and I hope it lasts a long time." —Colton D.
4. A collapsible travel kettle perfect for making the most out of a hotel with little to no amenities. Reviewers say they were even able to boil eggs in their travel kettle, making it an absolute must-have for travel.
Promising review: "Love this tea kettle. I use it everyday on work trips. The instructions included are not great. Trial and error to realize you shouldn’t fill all the way up. Leave about an inch of space. And be sure to have the lid opening/vent pointing forward as you’re boiling water. It is difficult to see the water level through the silicone as you fill the kettle. Other than that, the water boils fast and stays quite hot a very long time. It is big enough to boil water for a 20 ounce tumbler. I love it. Quality is great so far and it packs up well. Best travel purchase in a long time." —Colleen M
Get it from Amazon for $47.89+ (available in eight colors).
5. A lay-flat drawstring makeup organizer to keep your makeup from spilling all over the counter and spilling out all over the floor. It makes packing up and heading to the next stop that much easier, too.
Promising review: "I've been in the travel industry for 16 years and up til now I haven't found a durable and easy-to-access makeup bag. They are always too small or so big your makeup rolls around and gets on everything. This is the perfect size to fit a full face worth of makeup products without being bulgy or bulky. The brush holders inside work perfectly, and any small items like bobby pins or hair ties go great in the zipper compartment to keep them easily accessible. Highly recommended if you do make-up on the go." —ASilver105
Get it from Amazon for $19.95+ (available in four sizes and 27 colors).
6. Or, a barrel makeup organizer pretty essential for carrying setting sprays, or skincare products that you want to stay upright in your luggage.
Promising review: "I LOVE it!!! It’s so freaking cute —the pattern, pinkish color and size are just perfect. Lately, I make frequent weekend trips to my elderly parents to help around and do all their shopping. Finally decided to organize make-up I take with me, instead of just throwing it all into a zip-lock baggie. I don’t wear a lot of make up. All the basics fit beautifully, I even put all my face creams and etc into it. This baggie is THE CUTEST, and perfect for what I need. I love it so much that I’m ordering a matching larger size to organize my toiletries too. Now my make up and face creams, fit perfectly into my hiking backpack, with few sets of clothes and my laptop. I really love that it stands up and the drawstrings secure everything when tightened. It’s very practical, good quality, sturdy, and the cutest ever. Highly recommend getting it!" —Agata
Get it from Amazon for $11.99+ (available in two sizes and nine colors).
7. A set of six magnetic travel containers complete with removable custom labels and wide openings to make TSA-approved traveling super easy, especially for people who like to travel with only a carryon. They're leakproof and airtight so you won't have to worry about it spilling all over your bag.
Cadence is an Asian woman-owned small biz creating the most stylish reusable travel containers you've ever seen. They're gentle on the planet and feature an intuitive, leak-proof design.
Check the products description for a in-depth summary of how much f every type of product these containers hold.
BuzzFeed editor Abby Kass is upping her travel-game with these containers:
"I used these on a six-day trip recently, and they were perfect. I customized the label so I knew which one was my shampoo vs. conditioner and did a general label for any other things I wanted to bring a long. They do hold a surprising amount, and were small enough to slip right into my toiletries bag and go through TSA with no problem. The container was easy to open in the shower (even with wet hands), and I had no leakage from them (like I did from my face wash bottle that will not be making the trip with me next time. SMH). These are an incredibly useful tool anyone who travels wants in their luggage."
Get a set of six from Cadence for $74 (available in seven colors with customizable labels).
8. A rechargeable, slim lighted mirror in case you're the kind of traveler who rates hotels based on their quality of bathroom lighting. I mean, if you can't tell how good your makeup is, what's the point? Regardless of their lighting situation, or lack thereof, you can rest assured to have the perfect amount of beam for makeup application.
Promising review: "Perfect for traveling! And for staying in hotel! I hate having to stand in the bathroom or in the hall mirror with barely any lighting to do my makeup! This is perfect and easy to travel with and super easy to take on a plane! Very convenient!" —Krystyna Montesino
Get it from Amazon for $37.99+ (available in five colors).
9. A waterproof toiletry bag for packing your entire beauty aficionado-approved skincare routine. You're a traveler who wants to be ready for anything, so you need the extra room to bring, well, everything.
Promising review: "We are a family of seven and this held all of our bathroom supplies for a weekend trip. This is a must-have for traveling. The best feature is it being able to hang up on a robe hook or the back of a door. It frees up hotel sinks and keeps you well organized." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in two sizes and six colors).
10. A combination access portable lock box to deter people from trying to get their mits on your valuables. You relax on the beach knowing that your wallet is safe and secure.
You can also use this in your room to keep valuables protected.
Promising review: "We strung this through two beach chairs as suggested. We put two phones, hotel keys, cash, and credit cards in with ample room leftover. It's just a tiny bit too short for a Kindle. It was great to wander into the ocean and not have to keep looking back to see if our stuff was still hidden under towels. This is not a safe like what you would find in your hotel room, but someonewho is out to steal is going to take something that is easy to take, not haul two beach lounges down the beach in order to get access to the contents of the locked box. We are frequent beach vacationers and I am 100% pleased with this purchase. Would definitely buy again and will give as a gift to other vacationers." —Lue F
Get it from Amazon for $54.95+ (available in four colors).
11. A tri-fold travel wallet ideal for getting through security with ease. Your passport, ID, boarding pass, and more are right there easy to flip open and show the airline employee. And yes, your info will be protected with RFID-blocking tech.
The wallet has a passport pocket, boarding pass compartment, three credit card slots, an ID slot, a slim card pouch, slim pocket, a ticket slot, a cellphone pouch, a coin zippered pocket, key holder, and pen holder. The all-in-one holder could also arguably be considered a cult-favorite travel product.
Promising review: "Guys, I'm beyond happy with this. I've been looking for a passport and ticket holder for a while but had never found the right size until I decided to try out this one. Besides, the material feels high quality and long-lasting, the red color is even better in person and it's wildly pretty." —BazantSol
Get it from Amazon for $11.19+ (available in 39 colors).
12. A genius magnetic luggage tag so you don't have to squish your wide-brimmed hat in your luggage.
Lindsay Albanese is a Los Angeles-based, woman-owned small biz creating fashionable-yet-functional accessories designed to make your life just a bit easier.
Promising review: "This product is such a game-changer. I’ve used it on my last two trips and it not only works well, but I also got a ton of compliments on it." —Jamie
Get it from Lindsay Albanese for $69.
13. A chic airline-approved pet carrier that might even be nicer than your weekender bag. It has an expandable compartment, interior leash tether, seat belt loops, luggage strap, and other details that'll make your journey more pet-friendly.
Promising review: "I’ve had a couple of travel bags for my 8-pound Shima, but nothing compares to the superb quality of this bag! The zippers have secure locking clasp for safety. Plenty of room, as well as an option to expand the interior area if needed. So much thought was put into the design of this bag. Both for your precious pet, but also for your ease of mind and comfort for carrying. Many ways to peak in and several ways for pet to exit. Loops and pockets galore to hold any item you may need to bring on your trip. This beautiful bag made our trip so much easier.😊" —Deedee
Get it from Amazon for $79 (available in four colors).
14. A reusable collapsible coffee cup — a really good item to carry in general, even when not traveling, as a sustainable option when getting your morning cup of coffee or cup of water at work.
Stojo is a small biz founded by three New York dads who wanted a better way to get their convenient coffee fix without all the waste. Now they make stylish collapsible essentials in a variety of sizes and colors, including bottles and food storage containers!
This is of the first zero-waste swaps I made and I've never looked back. If you buy to-go coffee – whether you're jet-setting or just grabbing a mid-day pick-me-up — this cup is a must-have. So long as you remember to bring it, it's all the convenience of to-go coffee with none of the waste. It's leakproof and, when you're all done, it collapses down teeny tiny and can be tossed back in your bag. Oh! And it comes with a straw, so all you iced coffee lovers can get in on the action, too.
Get it from Amazon for $15+ (available in four sizes and in 22 colors).
15. A mini wallet emergency kit printed with the city skyline of your choice that carries the important things including common, underrated items like a hair tie, safety pin, breath mints, and a makeup wipe.
Anne Cate is a Cleveland-based, woman-owned small business creating minimalist keepsakes to commemorate your favorite locations, with over 100 hand-designed skylines depicting cities and colleges from around the world!
What you'll get: Inside your mini wallet, you'll find a hair tie, lip balm, two floss pics, sewing kit, bandage, emery board, two safety pins, two earring backs, makeup wipe, two bobby pins, two mints, deodorant wipe, Shout wipe, tampon, hand sanitizer, and pain reliever.
I, your resident forgetful person, bought the NYC skyline version of this to toss in my purse or work tote whenever I got out. It's filled with a bunch of easy-to-forget bits and bobs that will (and have) saved the day in a pinch, all pre-packaged in a stylish and high-quality wallet. It's my perfect little SOS kit.
Get it from Anne Cate for $25 (available in 97 styles).
16. Or, a first aid clutch kit because who said being prepared couldn't be stylish? Not me. I would never.
What's included: 6 antiseptic cleansing wipes, 6 sting relief pads, 6 alcohol pads, 10 safety pins, 18 cotton swabs, 10 fabric bandages, 5 knuckle bandages, 5 finger bandages, 2 butterfly bandages, 5 gauze pads, and 1 gauze tape. Whew!
Promising review: "I carry this in my purse 24/7! I get cuts and scrapes all the time. It’s the perfect size, and the design is super cute. I love the little quote on the inside cover. It has absolutely everything I need; I’ve tried a couple of other “emergency” packs/pouches, and they just always had something missing. This one is just perfect." —Alexis Trombley
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
17. A teensy eye contact kit in case you have a long or red-eye flight and need to give your eyes a rest while flying. Inside the mini case, you can fit your contact case and some solution.
Promising review: "I love this product a lot. Super cute!! It’s very minimalistic and fits in my purse just fine. I have no worries about it opening in my bag because it snaps tightly, but isn’t hard to open at all. I would recommend this product to any contact wearer!!" —Krystal
Get it from Amazon for $4.99 (available in four colors).
18. Or, a marble contact lens case that might make you feel a little more secure. Like the one above, it comes with a tube you can use to hold solution and a contact remover tool — all in this chic little package.
19. A super-sleek retractable lint roller to get all of the lint and loose hair that somehow wound up on all the clothes you packed for vacation.
20. A Hairbrella you'll definitely want to add to your bag so you and your hair can be ready for whatever weather your wanderlust travels will bring you. Not us getting our hair done and Mother Nature trying to literally rain on our parade. The cap is satin-lined and will keep our hair frizz-free and protected against rain and humidity.
Hairbrella is a Black-owned small business that has been creating fashionable hats that protect hair from all kinds of weather since 2016.
Promising review: "This product is well made and protects my face and hair from rain, snow and wind! Love it!! I have one in my purse at all times and one in my car just in case! I get so many compliments!" —Kimberly J.
21. And, while you're at it, a swim turban you can wear around the pool and IN the pool. We've all been on that vacation where we didn't *plan* to swim, but then we see how beautiful the water is and WISH we would've brought something to keep our hair in tact. Don't question it, just add it to the cart and then to your overnight bag.
You Go Natural (YGN) is a Black woman–owned small business based in Dallas. The brand specializes in fun, stylish, and thoughtful head coverings that step in on the days you need to step out, but don't feel like fussin' with your hair. The beauty of the designs combined with the functionality of the satin linings, make styling your hair that much easier.
22. A set of makeup products with the ability to customize to your shade and preference in a convenient stackable design that makes it easier to make sure you have everything you need for your makeup routine at a simple glance or count.
Each stack comes with a lid and an applicator, and you can add as many products you'd like to achieve your desired makeup look. If you don't know where to start, you can take their quiz to help you build your dream stack.
Subtl Beauty is a small business that creates travel-friendly, customizable makeup stacks perfect for beauty enthusiasts on the go. They also have a wide and inclusive shade range.