32 Small Brands With Gift Cards, Subscriptions, & Other Truly Last-Minute Gifts
Just a collection of unique gifts that'll rival all the others.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Scribbler, a subscription box for writers that'll encourage them to write more this year, and, more importantly, to actually finish their creative projects.
2. An Etsy gift card if you're looking to give them a unique gift that will be hard to find anywhere else. The site is filled with artists, makers, and small business owners who offer everything — clothing, jewelry, furniture, decor, toys, gadgets, and more.
3. A 90-minute online dumpling-cooking class to teach them how to make these irresistible dough-wrapped delights.
4. Just Seeds by Bloomin' Bin so they can finally start a little garden. There's no time like the present! This subscription is suitable for novice planters *and* green thumbs, and will have them enjoying the fruits of their labor in no time.
5. An illustrated picture you can gift them to remix some of your favorite moments together. Or, you can also just get one for yourself of you and your dog.
6. Shaker & Spoon, a cocktail subscription just begging to help them up their mixology game in time for the Insecure season finale watch party. Look out, there's a new tastemaker in town.
8. Finders Seekers, a mystery game subscription in case they're a fan of puzzles and escape rooms; this subscription will turn a traditional game night into mystery night of fun for the whole family.
10. A knitting class that'll teach them how to make their own scarf, an ideal gift for the cold winter season.
11. A Bifties gift card to let them build their own gift box curated with gifts from Black- and Afro-Latinx-owned brands, making it that much easier to support small businesses of color.
12. A Bean & Bean subscription — a female-powered coffee subscription for the coffee lovers in your life.
13. TheraBox, a self-care subscription that'll remind them to to take a little ~me-time~ every now and then with a box filled with therapist-curated items designed to help increase their happiness and reduce stress.
14. A Fluide gift card ideal for the beauty aficionado who loves nothing more than shopping for a new shade of lip gloss on a Saturday morning.
15. A BoneBox subscription for the person who is fascinated with bones. Each month, bone collectors can expect to receive skulls, teeth, claws, or other bones from animals that died naturally in the wild.
16. A raindrop cake class so they can learn how to make the trendiest cake of the season. You know, the one that boggles the mind. Finally, they'll know how to wield the sorcery that created this cake phenomenon.
17. A Cryptid Crate subscription ideal for the people who pose the questions, "Do you believe Bigfoot exists?" and "Do you love reading everything there is on the Loch Ness monster?" Well, so do the members of this subscription, who love discussing conspiracy theories about these creatures that may or may not exist. 👀
18. A Matter subscription because it's a membership to the science club they've always wanted to join. Each month, they'll be able to geek over a handful of items that are all forms of matter.
19. A crochet animal pattern you can use to fashion together a cuddly bunny for them or gift them the pattern and let them create their own.
20. A tie-dye class so they can finally learn how to make their own tie-dye apparel. The Pinterest fiasco of 2020 will be a distant memory once they unveil their latest tie-dye masterpiece.
21. A Cat Lady Box subscription that'll encourage them to fully embrace being cat obsessed and even comes with little gifts for their beloved feline friends to enjoy, too.
22. An IndieStitch subscription in case they're looking to usher in a new hobby that will also expand their wardrobe. Each month, they'll receive a new pattern from an indie designer, and everything they need to turn their fabric into a new wardrobe staple.
23. A romantic painting class you can give to a couple or keep for you and your boo. Grab a glass of something with bubbles, throw on your favorite playlist in the background, and rekindle your artistic and amorous sides.
24. The Nailed It Box invented for people looking for cool things to maintain that mani. They've done such a good job keeping their nails together during quarantine, it's become their favorite pastime.
25. The Adults & Crafts Crate that'll add a little fun back into their routine by sending a new craft project each month.
26. UnboxBoardom to help game night lovers who want to explore games beyond the store aisles. This subscription will send a board game to your doorstep, so you can wow the crew with a new game each month to keep your game nights fresh.
27. A PostBox subscription providing them with everything they need to start a penpalling journey, or to stay in contact with friends and family the old-fashioned way.
28. Boxwalla in case the film enthusiast or avid book reader is looking for unique novels and cinematic works to fill their empty shelves.
29. A fantasy mapmaking class to become a mapmaker and master cartographer. Don't worry, they don't have to be an artist; they'll still be able to enjoy crafting their own magical world.
30. Yarn Bits perfect for anyone lookin' to get hookin' in 2021. This subscription will ease you into the world of crocheting one project at a time. Before you know it, you'll be creating your own one-of-a-kind pieces.
31. Comic Mystery Box ideal for comic lovers. This subscription sends them graphic novels each month to help them dive back into the comics and rekindle their love for some of their fave characters or help them kickstart their collection.
32. A truffle class that'll teach them how to make some of the most delicious desserts — truffles. *initiate drool*
Reviews here have been edited for length and/or clarity.