We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A luggage-mounted cup caddy that'll free up your hands so you can hold your phone, boarding pass, passport — you know, the ~essentials~ (not that your XL iced mocha isn't an essential, but, you know...)
Promising review: "This cup holder is perfect! It helps me a lot! Last time I took a plane with a suitcase and a cup of coffee, I dropped and spilled my drink everywhere when it was my turn to check my passport and ticket. It was a nightmare! This time, I bought this cup holder to do me a favor! I don't have to worry about where my cup and phone are! I can free my hands to do other things. I love it so much! Hope you love it too." —Philip
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in 21 colors/patterns).
2. A clever hoodie with a built-in eye mask you'll wish you'd thought of designing first (but will be so happy it exists all the same). Its cushy, cotton blend fleece and cozy, oversized fit will make you feel the most comfy you've ever felt in an airplane seat, and maybe you'll even get some shut-eye this time!
Pond Los Angeles is an Asian-woman-owned small biz making luxurious travel products that'll make you feel like you're in first class, even if you're flying coach.
Promising review: "I fly a lot and am constantly trying to find a hoodie with a big hood to cover my eyes so I can catch up on some beauty sleep on flights. I saw this product on Instagram and knew it would be a game changer. I was able to use it recently for the first time on an early morning flight, and let me tell you, it is EVERYTHING I was looking for and more. It’s comfy, cozy, oversized, and the eye covers make you feel like you’re in a whole other world and not packed like a sardine on a plane. My over-ear headphone fit perfectly under it, and I got the best sleep I’ve had on a plane — EVER! Like other reviews have said, it is big, so size down if you want something a little more snug. I have been wearing it every day at home and can’t wait to get the black and blush ones!" —Heather G.
Get it from Pond Los Angeles for $128 (available in women's sizes XS–XL and three colors).
3. A Trtl neck pillow that'll actually keep you from awkwardly dozing off on your neighbor's shoulder, thanks to its ergonomic design and soft fleece support. Plus, it'll double as a scarf (planes are COLD), and it looks way more chic than those puffy U-shaped pillows.
Promising review: "I can't stop recommending this pillow to all of my friends! It has let me comfortably sleep on flights that take place on the most uncomfortable airplane seats. On long flights, I always need to prop up my hand and I rest my head on it. But this method always ends with my arm falling asleep and I end up waking up every 30 minutes. Now this pillow provides that exact same support without needing my arms to prop me up! It's small enough to fit in your bag and doesn't take up much space." —Simona Krifman
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in black or gray).
4. A digital luggage scale so you'll know just how many souvenirs you can cram into your suitcase without it resulting in some hefty over-capacity fees. Just hook the scale to your luggage handle, lift up, and the LCD display will show the weight.
You can also switch between pound and kilogram measurements.
Promising review: "This scale works and was accurate on four flights. First flight was a test at 46 pounds and Delta scales said it was 46 pounds. The next two flights were at 49 pounds and both United and Delta found it to be 49 pounds. The bag on the 4th flight weighed 49 but the United scale found it to be 48 pounds. Four different airports and scales proved that this scale is a good, low cost must have item for air travel." —Robert
Promising review: "Love it! Lightweight and easy to read! It even gives you the climate temperature (not that I need it but a neat feature). It reads in both kg and lbs. Definitely recommend if you're a frequent traveler and have weight requirements on luggage." —Patricia Velasquez
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (also available as a two-pack).
5. A cute portable charger, which reeeally comes in handy when you're at 19% battery and the plane hasn't even taken off yet. It'll also give you some extra juice while you're exploring (this one's so much sleeker than those bulky block chargers), and best of all, it plugs right into your phone, so no cords to worry about!
Promising review: "The holy grail of portable chargers !!! I was traveling to Disney for vacation and knowing me, I would drain my battery with just taking pictures alone. I wanted a portable battery but didn’t want a carry a cord either, so I was excited when I found this little baby! It does exactly as described, pretty pink color, and I get one full charge of battery for my iPhone 11. Get it, you will not be disappointed!" —Meghan Doble
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in five colors).
6. An essential pack of mini hand sanitizers you'd swear were perfume bottles if you didn't know any better. That dreamy packaging! And not only do they look cute, they come in heavenly scents like Citrus Grove and Blue Sandalwood, so you'll actually wanna spritz 'em on your hands.
Each one is good for up to 500 mists!
Promising review: "First of all, these come in the cutest packaging. But more importantly, this is my new favorite hand sanitizer. It’s super convenient, doesn’t leave your hands sticky, and it’s the perfect mist so it doesn’t make a mess and drip everywhere. If I had to pick a favorite scent it would hands down be the apple (green) one. The scent is not overwhelming at all. Love these and have already recommended it to everyone. (Found these from another girl on a girls' trip, was a necessity for the airport!)" —Asha
Get a pack of five from Amazon for $44.99 (also available as a limited-edition Disney four-pack, which is unscented!).
7. Or a pack of Purell hand sanitizing gels with convenient clips to attach right to your bag, aka no more having to dig around the depths of your never-ending carry-on.
8. A pair of super supportive Dr. Scholl's kicks that'll become your go-to flying shoe once you see how TSA-friendly they are (easy on and off!) and how cushy they feel during your flight.
FYI: These are made from recycled bottles!
Promising review: "Great shoes for traveling, easy on and off through security and great for going in and out all day! Not so good for rain but they are comfy!" —Leah Mccabe
Promising review: "I bought these shoes to wear on vacation to the Grand Canyon. I did a lot of walking on that trip, and my feet never hurt and I still looked cute. Then a few months later, we went to Durango, Colorado and did a ton of walking and again, my feet never hurt. I washed them and let them air dry several times over the next year and they came out great every time. They soon became my daily shoes to wear around the house. I have already bought a second pair to replace them so I can still look cute and be comfortable and wear the first pair when I water the garden. I would definitely recommend these shoes!" —J. Perkins
Get it from Amazon for $20.18+ (available in sizes 5–13, including wide sizes, and in 27 designs — not all designs available in all sizes).
9. Or, a classic pair of slip-ons, which should come with the slogan, "Come for the pretty color options, stay for the breathable canvas material and stretchy fit."
Promising review: "I bought these to take on a trip, they arrived and I packed them without breaking them in — no worries, they are so comfortable, I wore them the whole trip. Love, love these shoes! This is my second pair, first have lasted a year and I wear the old ones still. They wash up nicely, too! Highly recommend!!!" —Lori M.
Get it from Amazon for $23.31+ (available in sizes 5.5–12, including select wide sizes, and in 22 designs).
10. Or! A prerequisite pair of Birkenstocks that are probably *the* most low-maintenance of shoes when it comes to going through security. They'll also go with everything from denim shorts to flowy dresses, and the contoured footbed provides extra arch support on big walking days.
Promising review: "I love the Arizona style. They are easy to adjust and easy to slip on and off. I suffered from a heel spur and I was able to walk without pain when I changed over to the Arizona sandals. I took several pairs of shoes on vacation and never once did I switch over to a different pair. I can walk for long periods of time with comfort. They are my first choice of shoes." —Glenn B.
Get it from Amazon for $89.95+ (available in women's sizes 4.5–15.5, as well as in narrow sizes, and in 29 designs — not all designs available in all sizes).
11. Away's popular The Carry On for anyone who *hates* checking bags, but still needs enough space for ample clothing options (it fits 5-7 outfits and has a laundry compartment!). It comes in the *prettiest* colors, and for an extra 20 bucks, you can add a USB charging port — a blessing if there ever was one. Plus, the TSA-approved lock means only you and airport security can access your belongings.
Promising review: "I was in Rome and Florence, Italy for nine days, and the Away Carry-On was just perfect. From being able to charge up my iPhone at the airport or on the train traveling from Rome to Florence, it worked perfectly. Stylish and very versatile. It also kept my belongings packed beautifully, plus the perk of a laundry bag for my dirty clothes. Getting through security was a breeze, plus the added compliments of how beautiful it was. You have a customer for life. I was very happy and impressed." —Keith H.
Get it from Away for $275+ (available with or without a USB charger and in nine colors).
12. An in-flight foot hammock that might seem a little *extra* at first, but will make you a believer after one use. Simply hang it on the arms of your tray table and rest your feet on the cushion to help prevent soreness and swelling. Just make sure you're wearing a clean pair of socks before taking your shoes off.
Promising review: "This is an amazing product. It's so simple but works incredibly to prevent swelling and pressure on legs while flying. I just flew the first leg of an international flight and used it, and I am on a layover now and had to pause to write this review. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! It easily attached to the tray table, and I adjusted to my desired height. It is like a hammock for your feet. You just prop them up inside the thing/swing/hammock — which is very cushiony — and your feet are hoisted up comfortably. I'm a big girl and weight is no issue. DEFINITELY MUST HAVE ON ALL MY FLIGHTS NOW. This thing is great!!" —Queen
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in three colors).
13. A super soft pair of 100% cotton joggers, which will quickly become your most reached for airplane pants once you see how comfortable and low maintenance they are. Plus, you'll look relatively put together while feeling like you're in PJs!
I recently joined the 21st century and got my first pair of joggers (!), and they're this exact pair. I don't really know what I was thinking by holding off for so long — maybe I figured they would just be glorified sweatpants? — but I'm here to say that they have RUINED all other pants for me from here on out. They're comfy enough to wear as pajamas or around the house when I'm feeling lazy, but cute enough for me to wear out without feeling self-conscious about looking like someone who couldn't be bothered to look presentable. In fact, I even wore them on Thanksgiving last year (a drawstring waist = you can chow down and still be comfortable), and no one was the wiser.
I love that they're a little looser on top and tapered at the bottom, making them look way more elevated than my baggy college sweats, and the material is nice and soft while keeping me warm — I recently flew in them, and let's just say that frigid plane air is no match for these babies. There's not really much else to say about these pants other than, if you're on the fence, hop right on off and get them stat! PS: They come with super-roomy pockets. 🙌
Promising review: "The most comfortable pants EVER. I adore these pants! I was worried they'd be too long on me (most pants usually are), but they fit just right. Love the stretchy waistband and how I can wear them while being cozy at home or run errands while looking semi-human. :)" —Miriam S.
Get it from ThirdLove for $55 (available in women's sizes XS-3X and in black or gray).
14. And, a versatile off-shoulder jumpsuit (with over 28,000 5-star ratings, might I add) to save room in your suitcase, since it's a one-and-done piece with ~endless~ styling options — aka, you'll be able to wear it multiple times throughout your trip without it feeling monotonous. It would also make a comfy plane outfit!
Promising review: "A flight attendant's favorite! I love wearing this while traveling, it’s comfortable and you can dress it up or down with the right shoes and accessories!!" —salma
Promising review: "I bought the navy blue to take on vacation after reading an article about how easy care these jumpsuits are. I loved it so much I bought the green. I take them out of my suitecase, hang them up, and they are ready to go in a few hours, no ironing needed. I get compliments every time I wear one of them." —AKSunshine
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in women's sizes S–3XL and 31 colors/patterns).
15. A refined leather electronics organizer for neatly storing your cords and cables all in one place. It comes with nine slots for USB cables, headphones, power adaptors, and any other accessories you might need, and folds up nice and compact. Plus, you can have it personalized with your initials!
Mr. Crafter is a small biz that specializes in personalized leather travel and tech accessories.
Promising review: "Absolutely beautiful! The custom lettering came out perfectly and it can easily hold two battery packs and all the cords we could ever need for traveling with cellphones, iPads and our Switch. So pleased with the craftsmanship! Wonderful purchase. <3" —Sarah Kavaljian
16. A pair of Apple AirPods Pro with noise cancellation to keep you from losing your mind every time your flight neighbor alternates between chomping down on pretzels and snoring. They come with three sizes of silicone tips to comfortably fit your ears and a charging case that provides more than 24 hours of listening time.
Promising review: "I’m thrilled. I love the fact there are multiple ear tips, and the small ones fit my ears great. Thrilled with the noise-cancelling feature while I stare at a family member yapping loudly on the phone, and I don’t have to crank my volume up to drown them out. The controls are easy. It pauses music when I take an earbud out, so I’m not fumbling to pause and then yanking an earbud out while yelling, 'what?' I’ve never spent this much on headphones, but these are worth the sub-$200 I paid." —Pixie
And here's more from BuzzFeed Shopping editor Emma Lord: "I have a pair of these, and they're not playing around. Once they're securely in your ear, you can toggle the headphones between noise-cancelling and regular sound, depending on your situation. I've been working from home, and the noise canceling is so effective that I can work next to a window where my neighbor is doing heavy construction and I don't hear anything louder than a faint buzzing. It's quieter than if I'd just plugged my ears with my own fingers. I'm also a runner, and these don't budge when you're sweating, which is nice. It's also handy that these toggle out of noise-cancellation mode, because I feel better being able to hear traffic and other people around me when I'm out and about. The TL;DR is: I love these so much I have zero interest in owning another pair of headphones for as long as I live." Read her full review of the AirPod Pros here!
Get them from Amazon for $195.15.
17. And, an AirFly Pro wireless transmitter so you can connect your new favorite earbuds to the plane's entertainment system. Who cares if you've seen You've Got Mail upward of 50 times, that piece of cinematic gold deserves better than those flimsy airline-distributed headphones.
Just plug it into the headphone jack to hear Meg Ryan say, "That caviar is a garnish!" the way it was meant to be heard. You can also connect up to two pairs of earbuds at a time, and it has 16+ hours of battery life for suuuper long flights.
Promising review: "Ever since I purchased my wireless Bose earbuds, I always hated having to use another set when I was on an airplane with the seat-back entertainment system. I tried many different models to connect the system to my Bluetooth headsets until I came across this one, and it is amazing! It seamlessly connects to my headset, very clear and reliable audio, and it takes the stress away from having to carry multiple headsets! Thank you!!!" —Ryan Malloy
Get it from Amazon for $46.74 (also available in two other styles).
18. A popular duffel bag with over 11,000 5-star reviews thanks to its roomy main compartment and four front and side zippered pockets, which make it perfect for anyone who wants to bring just one (1) piece of luggage on their trip. Yes, it's possible!
Promising review: "Most wonderful little travel tote ever! I just returned from a trip to Norway. I had to change planes three times both ways and also moved around from place to place while there. Not only is the bag the cutest thing ever, it was so light, water resistant, and practical! I had to walk long distances in the airports, and it was easy to carry. My iPad Air fit perfectly on one of the side pockets, my socks and sleeping mask in the other. In the front pockets, I put my charging cords, earbuds, and battery charge pack. Inside I stored pajamas, change of clothes, snacks, makeup, and basic toiletries in my TSA-approved clear plastic bag. It fit easily under the airplane seat in front, too, so I didn't have to get up and get anything out of the overhead bin during flights and was ready to disembark quickly upon landing. Love love it!" —Blondeonboard
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in 13 styles).
19. Or, a sturdy personal item bag that opens flat like a suitcase and makes packing a breeze. It's got a TSA-approved charging port, and along with its many mesh and zip-up compartments, it also comes with a toiletry pouch, shoe bags, tech organizer, and removable strap, aka there's not much this bag doesn't have.
I first heard about this bag from my colleague Rebecca Khera, who said, "I'm obsessed with the Bento Bag from Nomad Lane!"
Promising review: "So happy to have found a travel companion full of helpful features and compartments! Gone are the days of rifling through a big bag to find something or other in a cramped airplane seat. I'll 'christen' my new Bento Bag on an upcoming trip to Iceland — can't wait!" —Susan E.
Promising review: "My new Bento Bag from Nomad Lane is perfect for organizing all my personal items, and it fits easily under the seat on the plane. The best thing is that it opens like a suitcase for ease of packing. Love it!" —Janna J.
Get it from Nomad Lane for $298 (available in three colors).
20. Or! A roomy weekender bag equipped with a convenient handle pass-through so you can attach it to your rolling luggage. We'll take a free arm wherever we can get it!
It's even got a dedicated laptop pocket *and* two water bottle holders, and as if that were't enough, it's also made of 100% recycled polyester!
Promising review: "How did I ever travel without this weekender? I brought this as my carry-on piece on a 17-day trip to London, and it is CLUTCH. I'm telling you, buy it yesterday!! I got the lightest color, and it's incredibly durable, so many pockets inside and out, super spacious inside, many straps to choose from to carry, and looks sleek. I was concerned about the price at first, but it's worth every single penny. I love how the passthrough on the outside that holds this bag onto the handle of your luggage can be zipped closed to use as another pocket. My favorite travel purchase of 2021!" —LAinFlight
Get it from Everlane for $85 (available in black or white).
21. A collapsible stroller that folds up so small, it'll fit in most overhead compartments, aka no more waiting around at baggage claim! Plus, it weighs less than 10 pounds and comes with a handle for easy carrying when it's not in use.
It's designed to hold kids who weigh up to 55 pounds.
Promising review: "Best stroller ever! WE LOVE THIS STROLLER! My husband originally purchased it because I was afraid to take our big stroller on the plane to gate check. I was traveling alone, so ease of use and portability was really important. I was amazed at how convenient it was to collapse and slide under my seat on the plane and it maneuvered well through the airport and throughout our trip. I received multiple compliments and a few moms even asked me where to buy one. Since then, we have been on a few more flights and many excursions and are still in love with this purchase!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $276.98+ (also available in three other styles and in black or blue).
22. And, a JetKids carry-on suitcase, which, if you've ever traveled with small children, will probably inspire you to send a thank you-card to the manufacturer once you see how much grief it saves you. Not only will small kids have fun riding it, they can also use it as a foot rest so they'll have a more comfy flight.
It's recommended for kids ages 3-7 and fits most standard economy seats. Plus, it has an adjustable strap so you can carry it over your shoulder, a top handle, and a mattress inside that can be removed and used while in the air. Parents have even used this product while waiting for their flight to keep kids comfy and content.
Promising review: "I dragged my feet on this purchase because of the price tag, but I have zero regrets after traveling solo with my 2-year-old and 5-year-old. This thing was so easy to maneuver through the airport and through the plane aisles that my 2-year-old pulled it herself for most of the trip. It was slightly too big for her to ride on, but my 4-year-old loved riding on it. The bed feature was super easy to set up and we used it to and from our destination. I was able to pack clothes for a five-day trip, the bed, a blanket and stuffie. I will definitely be dumping more money into this company for our next trip. Happy customer!" —Casie Wilds
Get it from Amazon for $199 (available in five colors).
23. A handy pack of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, because the one single wipe they hand out when you board the plane just won't cut it. Plus, you can use these for wiping down surfaces in the airport before you eat.
Just a heads-up — some reviewers say to pack these in clear zip-up bags to ensure TSA doesn't search your whole carry-on.
Promising review: "Great-sized packets and perfect for airplanes and the car. The scent smells clean and not overpowering. They give me peace of mind that my surfaces are clean." —Cindy A
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $12.
24. An in-flight phone mount in case whatever airline you're flying doesn't have any good viewing options (if they even offer them at all). It just attaches to the top of your seat-back tray so you can keep up with the Kardashians even when you're midair.
Promising review: "I bought this nifty gadget about six months ago for a multi-leg, ultra-long-haul trip, and it more than held up the entire duration. I was able to finagle it to fit the tray tables on different planes, and like others, I find the height just nice when clamped onto a stowed tray table. It also works on my roller carry-on handle during layovers. However, I find myself using it a lot outside of travel too! Work-wise, I've clamped it onto my office desk shelving to hold my phone at eye level beside my computer. At home, I simply clamped it to a deck of cards, and it turns into a versatile stand that I can place on any flat surface. Heck, I've been using it to hold my phone comfortably at eye level while watching videos in bed. It's extremely well built, and I find myself fidgeting with it all the time. Thus far it still feels solid, and I don't anticipate breaking it any time soon. Even if it does break, I'll be happy to buy another one or two of it!" —Earendil
Get it from Amazon for $12.97 (available in black or lavender, as well as a set of two).