We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A classic long-sleeve button-up shirt boasting over 5,000 5-star reviews you that you really can't go wrong with. The best part? This closet staple is totally budget-friendly!
2. Or a short-sleeve button-up white work shirt to throw on when the temps start rising and a traditional long sleeve top is just not going to happen.
Promising review: "I’m a flight attendant and the provided cotton blouses that are part of our uniform are stiff, hot, and require ironing. I bought these as a substitute and absolutely LOVE them. They travel beautifully, are cool on my skin and I’ve since added four more, including short sleeves. They don't wrinkle and they breathe!" —Kittymama
Get it from Amazon for $22.99 (available in sizes S–3XL).
3. A romantic white blouse featuring flowy translucent sleeves that'll make you feel like Rose when she's standing on the bow of the Titanic even if you're just sitting in front of the office fan trying to keep cool.
4. A sleek Riders by Lee Indigo three-quarter sleeve white work shirt I really could've used when I was a server and would accidentally dip my long sleeves in a customer's used marinara sauce.
Promising review: "I bought this along with three other shirts to get my wardrobe ready for returning to work in an office. Of all the tops I bought this is my favorite. It is VERY comfortable – loose enough to be nonbinding, yet fitted enough to have some shape. It looks very nice. I especially like the double placket down the middle that hides the buttons." —MaggieMae
Get it from Amazon for $23.70+ (available in sizes 1X–4X).
5. An adorable white puff-sleeve blouse you'll don on days when you want to look and feel cute without the extra effort – because hey, you deserve that.
Promising review: "This top is meant to be form fitting. I ordered a large and it fit perfectly. It's a very soft material. The sleeves make it special! They end in a small cuff made from the same material as the body of the top, which is like a soft T-shirt. I am very happy I bought this, I may order it in black! The price is also reasonable." —D. Strohm
Get it from Amazon for $26.99 (available in sizes XS–XXL and three styles).
6. A highly rated Hanes polo shirt designed with built-in technology to keep odor and moisture at bay when it's bake-cookies-on-your-car's-dashboard degrees out.
Note: Some reviewers suggest ordering a size down.
Promising review: "I bought this based on a recommendation from my golf group. Our team shirt is so hot and sweaty feeling and I thought this would be the same, but this Hanes shirt is surprisingly comfortable. I first wore it on a hot day, although there was a bit of a breeze. The shirt did not stick to me and felt cooler than any other shirt I've worn. It was not see-through at all, thankfully. Very pleased with this." —KF
Get it from Amazon for $17.19+ (available in sizes S–3XL).
7. A warm-weather-ready pleated button-down blouse ideal for anyone torn between opting for a classic look and one that'll stand out. Enter: tulip puff sleeves!
Note: Some reviewers suggest ordering a size up.
Promising review: "I love this blouse. The sleeves and tailored cut takes your look beyond a typical white button down. I got compliments on my blouse all day. The construction is solid and it feels well made. I've washed it once and ironed it and it did beautifully." —MetroHippieMama
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in sizes 2–20 and solid or striped).
And if you're on your feet all day, you'll be forever grateful for these impressively comfortable shoes.
8. A sophisticated long-sleeve chiffon white work shirt featuring a tasteful keyhole cutout just exuding "I mean business" vibes – but like, in a fun and stylish way.
9. A silky cotton cropped Everlane shirt to throw on with a pair of high-waisted pants that'll still look ~posh and professional~ without needing to tuck it in.
10. A short-sleeve Eloquii blouse featuring a chic notch collar that's dressy but not *too* dressy – like, you could definitely wear this top with a pair of comfy work pants OR some casual denim shorts.
11. A sleeveless chiffon v-neck white work shirt you'll be reaching for every time you have to go into the office. This would also look fab with a stylish blazer (specifically the checkered one in this story) when it starts to get chilly out.
Promising review: "Can’t go wrong with this top! Dress it up with slacks or casual with some leggings. I have 10 of these in multiple colors and keep buying more! The material is dreamy and the fit is perfect. Tons, TONS of compliments." —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $28.99 (available in sizes S–XXL).
12. A luxurious Quince white work shirt listed at a startling low price considering it's made of 100% European linen (which is an eco-friendly fabric, btw)!
13. A chic three-quarter sleeve cuffed blouse ideal for business-casual outings like spontaneous post-work happy hours (the best kind). Maybe even match it with a long skirt for an extra whimsical feel.
Promising review: "This shirt is a staple in my closet. I love the modest dress code and this blouse check off every category for refined dressing. Very good for office attire. I receive compliments daily." —REGENIA D.
Get it from Amazon for $28.99 (available in sizes M–XXL).
And here are some other comfy and work-friendly things to check out if you're going back to the office.
14. Or a versatile mock turtleneck top if you're looking for something you can wear to work, holiday dinners, and pretty much anywhere else.
Promising review: "A good quality turtleneck top. The material is thick enough and soft. Not too tight, not too loose. It would be something you can wear in the spring and summer. Wore it three different ways and it looks so nice! Classy and chic top!" —Yen
Get it from Amazon for $29.98 (available in sizes S–XXL).
And if you're looking for some cute white heels to match, we've got you covered!
15. And an Athleta button-up shirt ticking the boxes of being water-repellant, rip- and tear-resistant, breathable, and sustainable so you *know* you're investing in a quality staple that'll last you years and years of use.
Promising review: "I've been in search of the perfect white button down shirt and I have to tell you, I'm in love. The Midtown Shirt looks great with my athleisure wear and it's pretty fabulous dressed up as well. The best part is the absolute comfort of the shirt. It stretches with the body, it drapes like a dream and, oh, it doesn't wrinkle! Everyone should have one in their closet." —Heather S.
Get it from Athleta for $98 (available in sizes XXS–3X).
Plus, here are some other really great clothing brands to shop this year!
You, showing up to work fully aware of how fabulous and put-together you look:
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.