13. The Sporty Spice simple pullback:
While all the other Spice Girls got more elaborate coiffed dos, Sporty proved that less is sometimes more. Her tightly pulled back hair showed that she meant business.
11. Lauryn Hill’s rebel girl ponytail in Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit
Lauryn’s ponytail proved that her character was not only a badass, but also chic.
9. Madonna’s Blond Ambition-era ponytail:
What do you accessorize your cone-bra bustier with? Well, if you’re Madonna, a giant ponytail held together by a braid.
8. Clarissa’s funky side ponytail:
A funky sense of style needs an equally funky hair-do, and her side ponytail fits the bill perfectly. Also, she holds it together with a coordinating, but fun, scrunchie.
7. Rayanne Graff’s twist tail:
Oh Rayanne, everyone’s favorite rebellious alcoholic teenager, whose ponytail was probably more of necessity — from not showering.
But, she does get points for accessorizing her hair to draw maximum attention to her ponytail.
6. Janet Jackson’s Poetic Justice-era braids tail:
Nobody rocked braids in the ’90s better than Janet, and this ponytail, held together by a hair wrap, is the perfect way to show-off her hair.
5. The Stephanie Tanner side ponytail:
The queen of the ’90s side ponytail. Her look is perfectly complemented with teased side-swept bangs (sprayed with pink can Aquanet, I’m sure) and brightly colored scrunchie.
4. The Lisa Turtle party tail:
Lisa’s ponytail is a play on a mullet: teased-up party in the front, sleeked down business in the middle, and a crazy party in the back.
2. Totally Hair Barbie’s totally big ponytail:
In the early ’90s Barbie pushed the limits on big hair. Of course with such a big ponytail you need to accessorize with something equally as big — and she certainly did, with her teased out bangs and whatever that thing that’s on her hair.
1. D.J. Tanner’s frosted side ponytail:
What makes this the most epic ponytail of the ’90s? Well, we have a lot of early ’90s trends going on at once. First off, there’s the side ponytail, secondly, it’s held together by a scrunchie (polka dot, no less), third, she has teased out bangs, and fourth, and most importantly, she has frosted hair. FROSTED HAIR.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm is offering full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏