3. The books had an equally eerie series of commercials that accompanied them, which featured people explaining their paranormal experiences:
4. Like the woman who foresaw a schoolhouse buried in an avalanche…
5. …Or this woman, who had something vague happen to her daughter.
6. But most surprising of all is Julianne Moore, who talked about “her” out-of-body experience.
7. Warning: Her dramatic acting will probably make you a believer in the paranormal or really want to order a Time-Life book.
8. Check out Julianne in the Mysteries of the Unknown commercial:
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.