2. Originally, Beauty and the Beast was envisioned as a darker, more dramatic, non-musical adaption; it also took place in 18th-century France.
4. Jodie Foster had to really fight for the role of Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs. The film's director, Jonathan Demme, didn't think she could play a convincing FBI agent and instead wanted to cast Michelle Pfeiffer.
5. In Toy Story, Woody was originally going to be a ventriloquist’s dummy and the villain of the movie.
6. Whitney Houston was originally supposed to sing a cover of Jimmy Ruffin's "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" as the main theme song for The Bodyguard.
7. There wasn't supposed to be any snow in Home Alone, but after a blizzard hit on the second day of filming it forced the filmmakers to add snow to all the other scenes for continuity.
8. David Bowie was the first choice to play Max Schreck in Batman Returns, while Annette Bening was actually cast as Catwoman/Selina Kyle before having to drop out of the film.
10. The iconic scene in Pretty Woman where Richard Gere snaps the jewelry box lid shut on Julia Roberts' fingers was completely improvised without her knowledge, and her reaction is genuine.
11. Russell Crowe, Samuel L. Jackson, and the legendary Sean Connery all turned down the chance to play Morpheus in The Matrix.
Connery was actually the first choice for the role.
12. The classic scene where Robin Williams' character, Daniel, hides his face in the cake frosting in Mrs. Doubtfire took over 50 takes to get right.
13. The original title of Scream was Scary Movie — it was changed after Harvey Weinstein heard the Michael Jackson song "Scream" and thought it was better name.
The title was changed before the movie began production.