1. “Hook” (1991)
Reason to like her in this: Because this movie was awesome, and you might not even realize she is in it. She plays a young Wendy Darling in the flashback scenes.
Reason you might hate her in this: The movie was directed by her godfather, Steven Spielberg, so it is very unlikely she had to audition for this role.
OK, let’s be honest: She didn’t audition.
2. “Emma” (1996)
Reason to like her in this: She was really endearing in the role of Emma Woodhouse. Plus, the film has a great cast, including Alan Cumming, Jeremy Northam, Toni Collette, and Ewan McGregor.
Reason you might hate her in this: The purist in you might have preferred an Englishwoman in the role of Emma — or you hate Jane Austen and/or period pieces.
3. “Hush” (1998)
Reason to like her in this: This movie is so awful, it’s almost good. Also, let’s face it, if you’re watching this, it’s to see Jessica Lange play crazy; Gwyneth is just supporting.
Reason you might hate her in this: This movie is so awful, you wonder how her career survived it.
5. “The Talented Mr. Ripley” (1999)
Reason to like her in this: Great movie, perfectly cast, great costumes, and beautifully shot. Plus, Gwyneth really is picture-perfect in the role of Marge Sherwood.
Reason you might hate her in this: Watching this could remind you of one of her vacation stories in Goop.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."