3. His favorite book was Antoine de Saint Exupéry’s The Little Prince.
5. His first professional acting job was in a Pepsi commercial.
He was paid $10 for the commercial.
7. Billie Holiday’s “When Your Lover Has Gone” was his favorite song.
9. Marlon Brando was his idol.
The two reportedly had a romantic (but troubled) relationship.
11. James died less than one month before the release of his most well-known and iconic film, Rebel Without a Cause.
14. At the time of his death, James was signed to star in Somebody Up There Likes Me, the role went to Paul Newman and it helped launch his career.
16. In 1957, James received his second consecutive posthumous Best Actor Academy Award nomination for his role in Giant.
He lost again.
- DNC Day 2: Bill Clinton took the crowd down memory lane, and then Hillary broke through a virtual glass ceiling 💥
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.