3. His favorite book was Antoine de Saint Exupéry’s The Little Prince.
5. His first professional acting job was in a Pepsi commercial.
He was paid $10 for the commercial.
7. Billie Holiday’s “When Your Lover Has Gone” was his favorite song.
9. Marlon Brando was his idol.
The two reportedly had a romantic (but troubled) relationship.
11. James died less than one month before the release of his most well-known and iconic film, Rebel Without a Cause.
14. At the time of his death, James was signed to star in Somebody Up There Likes Me, the role went to Paul Newman and it helped launch his career.
16. In 1957, James received his second consecutive posthumous Best Actor Academy Award nomination for his role in Giant.
He lost again.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱