1. First it was Rafael Nadal going down in Round 1.
He lost to Steve Darcis.
2. Then Roger Federer got straight tooken out in Round 2.
By Sergiy Stakhovsky.
3. And so did Maria Sharapova.
She lost to Michelle Larcher de Brito.
4. And today, 23rd-seeded Sabine “Stay Up All Night To” Lisicki defeated Serena Williams in three sets in the Round of 16.
It took several tries for BuzzFeed Sports staffers to correctly guess where Lisicki was from. (It’s Germany.) Incorrect answers included Australia and, somehow, Japan.
6. Good luck out there, groundhog.
- Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to visit the site of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, Japan. The "memory of August 6, 1945 must never fade."
- A Silicon Valley college faked grades, dodged immigration authorities, and made a fortune, BuzzFeed News has found 💰🎓
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯