40 Unexpected Last-Minute Gifts That'll Put Santa To Shame
It's not too late to out-gift Santa.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
2. Smartass & Sass, a subscription box complete with up to nine hand-curated items perfect for the smart aleck in your life who enjoys cheeky merch.
3. A pom-pom throw blanket that's simple enough to match any decor but fun enough (you know, because pom-poms) to become a beloved gift.
11. A fun and beautiful board game where the point of the game is basically to become a thriving forest. *wistfully stares out of the window*
12. A custom reel viewer that doubles down on nostalgia by letting them view their old photos in the coolest way possible.
14. A city map rocks glass to give to the person who just moved to a new city or is just really into the one they're living in now.
15. An absolutely gorgeous pack of candles from Otherland in lots of velvety winter smells everyone will enjoy.
16. A challenging, circular puzzle you should only gift to people who are truly great-ient at jigsaw puzzles.
19. A pack of old-school NES cartridge coasters to encourage them to actually use a coaster, dangit!
20. A Marshall portable Bluetooth speaker so they can feel like they're jamming out with a tiny, baby amp.
21. A box filled with Japanese snacks to please the person who has been really itching for new treats to try.
22. A dishwasher-safe airtight cold-brew maker that'll allow them to keep a caché for morning juice ready to go in the fridge.
23. An unofficial cat-themed Monopoly game to play when you two want to learn about cat breeds while buying up real estate.
25. A lovely, minimalist stationery subscription box full of everything your over-planning giftee could ever hope for. I'm talking pens, sticky notes, notepads, journals, and more.
26. A set of Himalayan salt glasses to make tequila and mezcal shots go down smooth thanks to the salt-infused finish. Licking salt off their hand is a thing of the past, thank goodness.
27. A cool kit that lets them make slime they can legit draw on with chalk art markers. How cool is that???
28. Wine decanters that aerate as you pour, so your recipient can turn even the cheapest of wines into something extra drinkable.
29. An adorable set of Tea Drops — loose leaf tea that's been pressed with raw sugar, and aromatic spices — for a cute and easy tea session.
30. A Digimon X virtual pet monster that will let them raise and train their own digital monster and battle it against friends. It's a fun, slightly violent spin on the traditional Tamagotchi.
32. A trio of colorful hot sauces in deliciously unique flavors like garlic peperoncini, beet and fresno, and sweet potato and habanero. They'll wonder how you ever survived a meal without a dash of sweet potato hot sauce.
33. A sampling of tasty apéritif cocktails so they can try them all and pick a favorite.
With flavors like lemon lavender and grapefruit jalapeño I truly don't know how you'd only be able to choose just one. This set includes four 200mL bottles that make about two to three drinks each.
Get it from Haus for $50 (available with seven flavors to choose from).
Order by 12/12 to get it by Christmas. Overnight and expedited 2-day shipping available for an additional cost.