1. Transgender At Nine-Years-Old
Transgender At Nine-Years-Old
NINE-YEAR-OLD Keat Rhodes looks just like any other little girl — but she was actually born male. The schoolgirl was only seven years old when she was diagnosed with gender identity disorder and began her transition from boy to girl. Since then she has undergone an incredible transformation with the support of her adoptive parents Emily, 36, and Clint, 41, LeVan, from Ohio, America. And over the next few years Keat, who has a younger brother, Blaine, seven, will undergo treatment to complete her transition from male to female.Today Keat is the picture of happiness but it hasn’t been easy and the family has endured a huge backlash from parents in their community. Made the subject of a Facebook hate campaign, they were accused of child abuse. Some even suggested Emily was turning Keat in to a Barbie doll. But they have fought the bullies and are striving to give their daughter a normal life.
Videographer / Director: Ruaridh Connellan
Producer: Hannah Mouland
Editor: Ian Phillips / Joshua Douglas
For more amazing footage of the amazing side of life, visit the
Like Barcroft TV on Facebook: http://goo.gl/7ayYgY
Follow Barcroft TV on Twitter: http://bit.ly/10vFLY9
Barcroft Media website: http://bit.ly/19OYwp
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The 36 victims in the Oakland warehouse fire were trapped with "no way out" in America's deadliest blaze in over a decade.
- President-elect Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.
- This dad had the most adorable freak out to his family when he met his first alpaca 😂