1. Another 15-second Daft Punk ad aired after SNL last night, but this time it had an album title and release date for us.
The first ad ran during SNL few weeks ago, but didn’t feature any vocals or information. The new ad, in addition to revealing album details, adds some vocals – “Like to get lucky!” – to the 15-second loop of trademark disco-house we heard last time.
2. An official website also went up last night, with links to pre-order the album, which is out May 21st.
If you’d rather have a physical copy of the long-awaited album, you can pre-order through Daft’s MyPlay Direct store. The CD is $12.98, and the vinyl is $39.98, and includes a digital album download code and LP size booklet.
3. The iTunes pre-order page reveals that the album contains 13 tracks, but doesn’t list any title information yet.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- French towns are still enforcing the burkini ban on Muslim women despite the country's highest court ruling the ban illegal.
- As Hillary Clinton denounced the alt-right in a blistering speech, the movement is more famous than ever.