Pros may use karaoke to show off their Broadway-ready belting voices or polish their Kate Bush impersonations. But most of us just want to find a song in that enormous book that won’t completely embarrass us. Behold, 25 karaoke songs that are actually kind of hard to fuck up, thanks to lots of shouts, chants, talk-singing, and easy-to-hit notes. Don’t worry, these will get the crowd on their feet.
5. All Saints, “Never Ever“
Why: This is slow enough that you can learn the lyrics as you go, and has just the right amount of attitude. Plus, a sassy spoken interlude.
8. Fleetwood Mac, “Dreams“
Why: Whitney and Mariah may get the credit for making some of the best love songs, but if you’re looking for something a little more manageable for those of us not blessed with diva vocals spanning multiple octaves, try “Dreams.” Sweet, simple, and nary a high note to be seen.
10. The Offspring, “Self Esteem“
Why: Because you’ve just got to wail. But pull your friends up to do it with you, because this sounds a lot more epic when the whole room’s losing their shit.
11. Meredith Brooks, “Bitch“
Why: Everyone remembers this original boss ass bitch anthem, and its message will never go out of style.
12. Montell Jordan, “This Is How We Do It“
Why: This song would basically kick ass even if you didn’t sing a single word into the mic — BUT you should. It’s got the interactive element going for it, where everyone will be chanting “This is how we do it!” right along with you.
18. Dr. Dre feat. Eminem, “Forgot About Dre”
Why: Yes, Eminem’s flow is REALLY fast, but with rap it’s rare to be off-key, and the energy will get everyone all fired up. Just watch this guy for inspiration.
21. No Doubt, “Spiderwebs“
Why: The beat does all the work. You just put on a slightly whiny voice and jump up and down.
And when in doubt, there’s always…
Listen to all of the foolproof karaoke winners below.
- Donald Trump's home near Washington, DC has security cameras inside and out, monitored from New York, insiders say.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.