2. Nine buildings tall
The tower is designed as nine buildings stacked one on top of the other. Between each stack are open-air gardens, that give visitors the feeling of being outside.
3. Shanghai Tower will be one of the most sustainable and advanced towers in the world
Wind turbines in the tower will generate power, while the double skin-glass facade of the structure will help with insulation.
4. Rainwater keeps it cool (and hot)
The spiral shaped design makes it able to collect rainwater that can be used throughout the heating and air conditioning systems.
5. Shanghai’s typhoon-force winds are no match for this tower
This design was tested and approved in wind tunnels.
6. Jet to the top using the world’s fastest elevators
Mitsubishi designed elevators that go up to 40 miles per hour.
7. The last beam is now in place
The tower opens in 2014.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸
- An Australian teen who was subjected to detention abuse has written a letter thanking the public for its support.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.